New Song: Determination

SenPi

Hardcorish/Energetic/Chilloutish?

Little ambivalent there? :P

This is cool. The beginning (can't really call it an intro :P) could be a lot more effective if you didn't start out with everything playing and built it up by layers instead. And, I'm guessing you slapped a limiter/maximizer on the final mix and cranked it up? Lots of squashed dynamics. Might want to use that more sparingly, there are some nice melodies (piano) that get lost because of compression. I like where the song goes from 2:49 to 4:10, though the bitcrushy drums were a little grating and didn't quite gel with the rest for me.

Overall, cool track. Could be very transporting if you smoothed it out a bit and went for the whole less-is-more thing. I think there's more "energetic chillout" in this than "hardcore," so maybe you should emphasize that? *shrug*

And, just out of curiosity, what's the synth playing the lead at the very beginning? Nice panning on that, and I like the sound.

Well, I didnt actually use a limiter/maximizer on the final mix or anything. I suppose everything is just very loud XD. I actually dont use compressors very much, because I'm not very good at using them, so I try to just mess with volumes and frequencies instead.

Also the synth playing the lead in the beginning is The Descipline preset for the combinator under lead synths (reason 3.0)

lol oh yea, I am very bad at figureing out which genre my music falls in to, which is why I think its so many XD.