OCR00612 - Kirby Super Star "Green Greens (Contagious Eye Infection)"

orkybash

Kirby Super Star 'Green Greens (Contagious Eye Infection)'

Not anywhere near perfect, but this is a fun and catchy remix that everyone, especially Kirby fans, really ought to check out. High point is *definitely* the Kirby sample. My biggest complaints are that it repeats too much, and I noticed some wrong notes. So it may have it's share of problems, but get it just the same.

• 1 month later...

Awwwww. I'm glad to see at least SOME peple like my song :P

Thank ya kindly to the reviews...

Now then...there's something I've been wanted to clear up for a LONG time. The title. Ya'seeeee the "ContagiousEyeInfection" thing...well the week I made the song, I was home sick, with a big whole stye, whihc the pharmacist told me was "highly contagious" and my mom was afraid to send me to school, because it was swollen shut, so I stayed up, with my trusty 1 eye, and remixed away. Apparently it was a week well spent. Luckiest illness/whatever I've ever got!

Peaceoutside-ness@aol.com

Douggers

I was always wondering what a techno remix of this song would sound like, and i was throughly entertained with this song. Although i never found the inner-strenght to take it seriously. The cheesy-yet-well-played 404 synths (they sound as if they were from fruity-loops) give it an almost comedic style, and always use this song to make people cheer up and laugh.

Throughly the song itself is to odd for my tastes, but it won a place in my playlist because i love the cheesy sound, it still makes me chuckle each time i listen to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually this song was originally the theme for the first stage in kirby's dreamland. Then it was ported to the SNES's Kirby SuperStar (Star Kirby SuperDeluxe on the Super Famicom) under the game title Spring Breeze which is essentially the same game only colorized (and you couldn't have abilities in the game boy version).

Anyways, this arrangement starts off by greeting the listener with some seriously fat sweeps, followed by a sample of the kirbster himself screaming... something... in japanese... i guess... then comes the mad bass and a lead synth that reminds me of a kid with asthma hyperventilating (not necessarily a bad thing). the song continues on into upbeat chaos (MWAHHAHAHAHA) and the whole time you're smiling. if you listened to this mix and didn't crack a little smile, THERE'S SOMETHIN WRONG WITH YOU BOAH.

overall this is some seriously hyperactive upbeat fun stuff, and i recommend it to anyone who likes kirby, likes happy stuff, or likes to stuff cottonballs in their shorts.

8)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh yes, the Kirby with the baseball cap and megaphone... or is it announcer's mike? I can't remember. Anyway, good use of that sound in there. Good fast tempo which matches the game perfectly. You could play this on almost continuous loop... Forget could, you CAN. Too bad there's not more mixes for this game. I have to say this is CD quality material.

• 6 months later...

haha, i like it. The kirby sound is nice, adds feel :) This song is a bit too repetetive...lacks change, and could definately use another section, maybe from another theme. Lets see, the subsection in this theme is my favorite (with the wrong notes on purpose...heheh). Overall a nice bouncy kirby techno song that kirby fans should check out.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This isn't half bad... Kinda repetitive... pretty good feel... I'm liking it for the most part. I don't like the T404 synth or whatever it is, and I'm pretty sure I recognise Fruity Loops sound samples... not quite the originality I look for in a song, but musically very well done. :wink:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the sense of game music.

It makes you hear something that remembers you something special.

Some tracks are good for a non-gamer too, and some others are special for you...

That's why Game Music is my fave.

Example: I don't like this song, it isn't so good, so, for me that I never played to Kirby, this mix sucks a bit.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00612 - Kirby Super Star "Green Greens (Contagious Eye Infection)"