This Holy Mountain- FFX Remix

Manji

I sent this one to the Submissions email and got an instant rejection email back the next day- however, I can't really figure out why it got rejected without even being evaluated by the panel.

Here's the file:

http://nekuramanji.googlepages.com/Manji-FinalFantasyXThisHolyMountainO.mp3

If there's something fundamentally wrong with this that would stop it from even getting listened to by the judges then could someone tell me what that is? I'm as confused as a very confused person at the moment.

Thanks for any feedback.

Just having a listen to it. Ah, remember listening to this WIP actually. It was the one to tell the story.

Most likely the reason it got an instant rejection because at the end you had directly sampled "To Zanarkand", as in, using the actual song from the game. That isn't allowed. I know it wasn't a huge amount sampled, but combined with the very sparse arrangement and extremely repetitive drums, I think djp would have thought it would have been a very obvious rejection by the judges even overlooking the direct sampling.

It isn't in this version, you seem to have cut it out now. If you resubmitted it, it will *probably* reach the judges, because its not a straight cover or anything, but I don't think it would get a yes. You would need to be much more creative with the drums, add in more parts, pads and synths, to support and fill out the sound. It would be also worth your while looking into how to fill out your guitar parts. Learn about doubling and how to add more power to them. I think the idea has potential, but you need to listen to some other rock type remixes and hear the difference, see what kind of think they've done that you haven't. Learn by listening.

I hope that cleares some stuff up for you.