Xbox 360

The Damned

1 week is pretty fast -_-;

Mine took about 2 weeks since the UPS mailing.

I'm sort of glad that my 360 broke down so spectacularly because Microsoft sent me an awesome new Jasper 360 that runs SILENTLY. It's really incredible. None of the loud console noise, the fan noise, none of it. I hear that you have to pull your teeth to get a new console if something like that ever happens to my Wii. I'm glad Microsoft is so eager to please and replace. Even if the whole process took me almost a month because of the box fiasco.

yeah a silent console is something i like a lot too. No one like noise poping out of your console when you play an immersive game.

That's why I love the installation option, but some games don't like it. Apparently Halo 3 loads a lot slower. I tried it with PGR4, and I noticed during some races the sound effects sounded like they were crackling, and the music started messing up at some point(slowing down).

halo 3 caches the next level during the course of the level that you're in, so it loads faster with a disc than if you're on the hd. the disc was 'written' with loading early in mind, and the hard drive has to go back and pace through all the stuff from the previous level to find where the heck the next level's files are.

you know you can buy a jasper online (like i did), just the console, for around 120-140$ through ebay, right? then use the license transfer tool to transfer licenses to your new console.

I WANT A JASPER :(

I still have the first gen Core, no HDMI and full of crap... I'm hoping for a spectacular breakdown before this warranty runs out.

Then break it on purpose. lol.

Put a towel over it, covering the fan-outputs tightly and run it for a day. They won't know if you did it intentionally or not since the cause of overheating is the same. Then send it ASAP to UPS.

And write a polite little letter asking for "Jasper please!"

As for installing, it's a nice option, though the drives having 20GB or even 60GB doesn't cut it. You really need that expensive 160GB option to really get into installing games.

I'm starting to get annoyed with all these Japanese developers(Namco, Tecmo, and probably SE) and their habit of releasing games such as Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Ninja Gaiden 2, and probably Star Ocean 4 on the Xbox 360 only to release them on the Playstation 3 not a year later that adds in not just extra content like new characters and outfits, but entirely new storyline and scenarios. Is it budget or time constraints? Did they actively make the decision to hold on to the content and wait to release it on everybody's(Japan) favorite next-gen console?

Reason tells me that it's the former, but that doesn't lessen the sting anymore that we've essentially received incomplete games. What I don't understand is how we can't get this content what with the fact that we're in the DLC era of gaming.

Maybe I'm just bitter, but I can't help but think that I'd still be pissed off about this mentality even if I owned just a PS3 or both systems

I'm starting to get annoyed with all these Japanese developers(Namco, Tecmo, and probably SE) and their habit of releasing games such as Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Ninja Gaiden 2, and probably Star Ocean 4 on the Xbox 360 only to release them on the Playstation 3 not a year later that adds in not just extra content like new characters and outfits, but entirely new storyline and scenarios. Is it budget or time constraints? Did they actively make the decision to hold on to the content and wait to release it on everybody's(Japan) favorite next-gen console?

Reason tells me that it's the former, but that doesn't lessen the sting anymore that we've essentially received incomplete games. What I don't understand is how we can't get this content what with the fact that we're in the DLC era of gaming.

Maybe I'm just bitter, but I can't help but think that I'd still be pissed off about this mentality even if I owned just a PS3 or both systems

Buy all the 360 games you can find, proclaim yourself "a collector" and be proud. That's what I do when I want to cry :/

Buy all the 360 games you can find, proclaim yourself "a collector" and be proud. That's what I do when I want to cry :/

Such tears are incredibly delicious at times...

But in all seriousness, I thought it had to do with Microsoft not wanting to play nice with the developers on distributing online content for the extra stuff that comes on the PS3 version...

Nonetheless this thread's been making me more and more happier with my purchase long ago; aside from what I've already got on it doing so. :lol:

Yeah I hear you. When I heard about the new character for the PS3 version of Vesperia, was a little miffed.

I don't mind dropping some points to get her as DLC, but it still sucks. What the poop, Namco? :whatevaa:

Yeah I hear you. When I heard about the new character for the PS3 version of Vesperia, was a little miffed.

I don't mind dropping some points to get her as DLC, but it still sucks. What the poop, Namco? :whatevaa:

Hopefully we WILL get the DLC, Namco's generally been crazy with DLC (see SCIV and Katamari for example). I'm more pissed about Eternal Sonata since Tri-Crescendo probably can't afford/justify the DLC.

Also, Namco hates US/EU really. Half of their releases stay in Japan and we never get the same support when it comes to additional content :(

Is there a grand list somewhere that tells which games runs better on the hard drive and what runs better off the disc? I can never figure out if it's a good idea to download onto my HD.

Let's say, for example, Mass Effect?

first link on a google search of "360 hard drive list" is the main one available. basically, the elevator scenes are just as long (they're coded to be that long no matter what) but there aren't loading screens when you move around too fast.

• 4 weeks later...
i'm looking for someone to hang onto my character's weapons and gold in fable long enough to transfer them to a new character. anyone got five minutes to spare for me sometime in the next few days? it really won't take very long at all, and i'm home almost all of the next two days.

I'm looking at picking the game up again soon (Stupid Lionhead is actually making MORE expansions that actually sound interesting...) and I'd be glad to help if I can get it before your two days are up. I'll PM you if I get it in the next few days (someone may hook you up beforehand though).

• 3 months later...

So anyone read about Microsoft dropping their requirement that all 360 games have to be 720p native?

I think this could be a very good thing for small developers of niche games like Muramasa and such. Maybe a port of Madworld and No More Heroes is in order.

I dunno about 480p, but my one problem is that at least on my HDTV, 480i is blurry as all hell. I don't like the blurry.

i doubt they'd go to 480p. this requirement drop allows devs to work in, say, 560p or so...but they'll never go that far, i don't think. the whole thing with the 360 is that it's a high-def console, and that high-def content is critical for the system.

it's also supposed to help xbla more, since they can spend less time working on super-def visuals and more on gameplay, so that fewer games suck.