OCR01560 - *YES* Final Fantasy 10 'Lake in Ontario?'

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FFX_psf2.rar - 204 "Silence Before the Storm"

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/ff1.zip - Track 19 ("Fanfare")

ilp0, man. I like his style. The arrangement was conservative, but I loved the time signature change, and the instrumentation gave an upbeat and personalized take with a classic rock style.

The production was a lil' rough plus I heard a little recording fuzz, but otherwise everything was cool. The mixing could have seperated the parts more, as stuff like the hand percussion tended to be buried way in the back and didn't really contribute much to the piece.

Though the instrumentation combinations didn't change too much through the piece, there were enough drop-outs and returns of various parts to make the piece flow with some good dynamic contrast.

Didn't like the transition over at 2:54 into the "Fanfare" theme. Felt awkward and disconnected from the rest of the arrangement. Otherwise though, pretty cool stuff and a welcome addition to the site. Keep 'em comin', Ilari!

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Psychedelic... Kinda makes me wanna whip out a lighter and sway it in the air. This track would sound awesome with some live crowd SFX! But it sounds awesome anyway; I have no real complaints. Panning was a little wide, and the guitars were sorta dry as Vig pointed out, but I'm also listening under headphones right now due to external circumstances, so that probably enhances whatever flaws are there. I thought the transition into the Fanfare theme at 2:54 was really cool, actually. I guess it's just a matter of taste. Nice work! ^-^

YES

Wow! ilp0's first two ReMixes were great, but I think he has been improving from one to the next, and this mix is a good example of that. This is a smooth, instrumental alt. rock adaptation with strong performances, solid production chops, and a thoughtful arrangement. The prelude + fanfare quotes were tastefully placed and fit within the structure without feeling tacked on. We don't get this style very often, so I'm glad ilp0 keeps doing his thing, and doing it well.

YES