OCR00660 - Dragon Warrior "Thou Art a DJ"

m68030

Dragon Warrior 'Thou Art a DJ'

Ah yes, the classic four on the floor dance track with the 2 measure

long snare rolls and stabby lead. indeed it may be the backbone of

modern electronic dance music. If that's your thing, then this track

will do it. A great theme done in a cookie cutter genre.. Not the

highest energy mix I've heard, but it's not terrible.

8/10

genre: trance/epic trance

I think it's a great mix, yes the energy may not be bursting at the seems, but it seems to be more of a reflective theme. Anyways, the voices seem to be appropriate, however, I think that the pianos could be more original, so because of the piano similarity, I gave it a 9, and because I think that it seems not as original as it could be, I have given it an 8. It's hard for me to give it a low grade, because I listen to this song very much, however it doesn't make it a great song nor does it make it a bad song. It is better than so many remixes that I've heard, can't wait to hear more from you in the future!!

Recommended if you feel like something by Robert Miles, or if you're a Dragon Warror fan, I'd download it if I were you, if you have a good connection speed =D.

~dj carbunk1e

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

really brought back some days of old...sitting infront of the TV all day playing dragon warrior....good mix of the song...nice groove too it! :D

This is a great mix especially done in Fruity Loops...I know cuz that is what I use.

hey if you get a chance Y not check out some of my tunes that I made in FL...let me know what you think....just click below and it will take you to my site.

BjaOckX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First off, I appologize in advance to the homosexual community for my upcoming choice of words... Back in the day, Dragon Warrior, while being a HIGHLY entertaining game, had the GAYEST theme song of any video game in history. I am sorry, but that over world music is not the music of a man who is about to save the world. I couldn't listen to that song for more than a few minutes.

Then along comes this little song, Thou Art a DJ. My first impression: Wow. I had no idea that such a gay little NES song could be turned into one of the best dance songs on this site. The layered music, the smooth fades and transitions, the steady driving beat... this is exactly what this site is about. Taking simple, stupid little NES songs and making them into something so much more fun to listen to.

Bravo to the composer! This one get's an A+! :D

:cry:

How...how...how can you insult the original NES music from Dragon Warrior!?! Sure, after a while, it does get...maybe...a little...umm...not great. But, that's why there is battle music, town music, castle music, cave music, and sound effects...

Although, I must admit, that while I play Dragon Warrior on my NES, and my cousin plays along with me on my computer using Nester, I tend to set this song on loop, and say "Now, THIS is the way Dragon Warrior music should sound." Hehe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Kinda...um...boring. It's good for what it is, but to be perfectly honest, it's not much. As for constructive critisim -- maybe tempo alterations, or at least alter the *kick, kick, kick* of the bass drum every once in a while. (I know there's snare rolls, but...meh.) I dunno, I almost fell asleep to it (if it's epic trance, that's bad...contrary to the name of the genre). I did like the piano section, though. Maybe you could rework this sometime and find a way to inject more energy into it. Reason should help.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

For a dance track, this is pretty low energy. Repetitive until the background with some original-sounding stuff. Not too bad here.

But yeah, somehow this is more relaxing than exciting, which I don't think was the intent. I dig the theme, but this repeats way too frequently without significant changes. Some of the synths are decent, if a bit generic sounding, but the bass is really weak, and the drum programming is putting me to sleep.

A bit too dated for me. Sorry. :-(

• 6 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00660 - Dragon Warrior "Thou Art a DJ"