Zelda Castle/ Lunar Grindery mix

Heruwath Lomgil

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've been on. I was hoping I could get some help with this mix.

linky: Hyrule Castle Rock

One thing more: at 1:52, the pipe organ does something really sweet, my problem is that I'm almost positive I didn't make that up, and that it came from a song I've heard before. If anyone recognizes that bit, please tell me what the song is and who wrote it! I don't want to be a copycat! Thanks a bunch!

Heru

• 2 weeks later...

to tell you the truth, i honestly did not hear anything familiar from any other song(it might just be me). its pretty good, but you might want to actually finish the mix( what i mean is, the ending doesnt really finish the song, its open ended) also, you might want to vary it, like more creative, add different paces throughout the song. throughout most of the mix it was "same old" and i think with a little work, you could easily make it more professional, it shows some promise. you're getting there, great job! -The Lone Ranger

Well, right off, the thing I notice most is that the lead guitar is really boring. It's really dark, I'm sure you were going for that, but it's almost TOO dark. Probably because the background noises are a bit loud in the beginning. That thunder doesn't sound very realistic either. Eh, might relisten later. Have to go for now.

mmm.. well, I recognize the songs. But its really not a remix of the Hyrule Castle theme, more of the Legend of Zelda theme remixed with Hyrule Castle and the Grindery tossed in.

Oh, and point of info, that song actually isn't the Grindery theme, its actually called 'Steel Machinery', from the cinema where the Grindery turns on. The Grindery is track 7 or 8 on your Lunar CD (Since we know all Lunar fans cherish said CD, I know I do)

Ok, I'm getting a friend of mine in the dorms to help me with the guitar (actual guitarist) and the ending. I wanted something that would be the guitar really showing off at the end.

Thanks for the info on the Steel Machinery piece, I remembered it from playing the game, but could never really find it on the CD.

I'm still almost positive that that pipe organ part came from a professional artist's song that I've heard somewhere...

Ahh well, I'll figure it out soon enough, or I'll hear it in the mall or something.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll give it some more work and update soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...