Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History

Fishy

• 2 weeks later...
Well, there are spambots out there that are made to bypass phpbb2's default captcha, since it's just a grid kind of thing. And these forums are the ones that get the most publicity because the link is posted everywhere. And yes, Fishy is low-balling, but remember, it sends 4 emails for every account. One to me, one to Fishy, one to Audix, one to Pockets. In addition to the emails that I get that say "Undelivered Mail", the mail count easily reach 100 on a slow day.

You're having problems with spam? So was I on a phpbb I have for a game project, until I got a better captcha. iirc this is the one:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=473222

Since then I've gotten no more spam accounts.

• 1 month later...
uh, so i want to sub my mix to the olr n64 compo this month.

thots?

From what I've seen in past projects, stuff that's accepted is kept private until the project is done and released. Considering there's a forum for all this that's meant solely for mixers which no one else can access, I can't imagine Fishy and them wanting the project's mixes being passed around for other things. If it's a song for the "extras" section, that might be different. But if it's the one you made for the main project song line up, then I'd wager the project leaders want it to be kept under wraps.

coop, i've been on like a million projects and headed up another...i know the general protocol. i was more curious if you guys wanted to 'release' it as a kind of preview, similar to team.rokit with tweek.

Then why didn't you ask that instead of wording it like you did? HUH?! HUH?!?!

My thoughts? Things might have moved forward a lot since I was last on the site, but from what I remember, there was still a sizable way to go a few months back. Perhaps you should hold off until the end of the project is in site (a couple months or so from being published), and then discuss releasing a track as a preview. The idea is fine, but dude... don't pull a Blizzard and tease folks long before it's done ;-):lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Super Mario 64: Portrait of a Plumber - History