Falling Leaf Forest (Remaster)

The Joker

I got around to updating an old track I made. It was originally for the OVGMC2... I think it was 2. Well, whatever the number, it was for the OVGMCompo. The theme was to be of an enchanted Forest, or some such stuff. Anyway, long story shortened, I remastered it with better samples, as well as my current skill level... which isn't perfect, but far better than I was, I updated it. Here's the link! Comments/feedback appreciated!

http://joker.escariot.net/Originals/Falling%20Leaf%20Forest%20(Remaster).mp3

Also, I sampled this song (yes, I sampled my own song!), & am in the process of making a kick arse hip hop track.

Edit: Link Fixed!

I'll start off by saying that I can't listen to this right now - I'm in school at the moment.

However, I can also say that I remember this was one of the four "winners" that I picked out of that competition (along with sinewav, TO and chthonic, I believe), and I remember liking it, so I look forward to listening when I get home.

Anyway, since this was the only competition I ever participated in myself, I can tell you it was actually OVGMC3, not 2. But whatever, doesn't matter too much.

I'll edit this post later once I listen to your revamp! And WHERE IS OVGMC4, anyway?

EDIT: Okay, so I've listened! I definitely can tell that you've cleaned this up quite a bit. The new samples and slight alterations in sequencing really improve this a lot, and my previous comments still apply - I really thought this was well done and should have been better received. I honestly have only one issue with your remake, and that's right at :37 when there is a three-note bass run going down and all of the notes cut off quickly. That's a really minor issue though and it only seems to happen once. This is definitely clean, smooth, and much improved! I look forward to the track that you're making with samples from this.