OCR00653 - M&M's Minis Madness "virt's Madness"

orkybash

M&M's Minis Madness 'virt's Madness'

Well, it's nice to hear some of Virt's stuff get more attention. Overall I like this arrangement, as well as the effect the small room reverb gives - props to Mustin for not concert-halling the hell out of this. However, although I'm loath to criticize anything that Mustin does, I do have some comments here. The voice sample in the middle needs to be more audible, and I would have liked to hear a bit more power out of the brass. There, I'm done. :) No, I'm not gonna criticize the length - it's short, but it's well developed. Do yourself a favor and grab this song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Jazzy and fun, this is a great bite-sized Mustin track, and one I could easily imagine in an animated short for Pixar. My favorite part is the piano; great flourishes throughout. It sounds very off-the-cuff, and improvised, even though it was all planned. The brass is tastefull and lends itself well to the samples used, and the bass is vibrant and fun.

My on;y complaint is that like most of the earlier mixes on the site, it could stand to be a bit longer.

Overall, a "damn good" mix. :D

• 11 months later...

That 'Damn good coffee' bit didn't make a damn bit of sense to me. And yet, somehow, thinking of M&M's and coffee together is just too good not to have together. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this song and I play it whenever I lay eyes on it. Mmmm...I've suddenly developed a craving for M&M's and coffee.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For some reason, this remix reminds me of that one episode of Loony Toons where Daffy Duck was Duck Twacy.

Don't know why :<

I guess it's got a good gumshoe beat.

This is one of my favorite remixes and keeps me wanting more.

I agree with previous sentiments about how this should have been longer.

If anything there should be a sequel or something to this remix.

The bit starting at 0:23, which is after the "Damn good coffee", is my favorite.

Even if you know the coffee part is coming, afterward you're left with a feeling of "wait... what the heck" and the remix continues on like it never happened.

This is a definitely must download.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Eww, the brass doesn't sit well with me, but aside from that I think most of the other elements in the song are cohesive enough, even though they sound a little bit mechanical. This still has that traditional Mustin feel to it, so even for an old mix I was surprised by the personality to it :-) Obviously Mustin's improved a lot since this but it's still not bad by any means.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to hear from a time where music from licensed games was worth a goddamn. And also from a time where mixes could be short and sweet, without the pressure of being overshadowed and lost between the cracks.

This isn't the snazziest mix in the world, but it's got a great beat and has quite a bit of swing under the hood. Really love the left-field idiosynchratic style that goes on here; this could only be Mustin.

Does a decent job with the samples, supplies some undeniable swank, and then lets us move on. More than I can ask for from a game commissioned by M&Ms.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00653 - M&M's Minis Madness "virt's Madness"