Fan Art Comptition 9: Metroid [Results]

The Lone Gunman

FAC9

A WINNER IS YOU!

After a painstaking process involving much blood, sweat, and tears, the votes have been counted!

And teh winner is...

RAMBO!

Congratulations to Rambo for winning this month's FAC! Although we're fresh out of obscure tropical islands to give out as prizes this (or any) month, you can hold your head high in the knowledge that people thought your drawing was more kick-ass than the other kick-ass drawings submitted this month! Nice work! And to the rest of you, thanks for entering, and hope to see you next month!

Final point tally

(remember, 1st pick = 3 points, 2nd = 2 points, and last pick = 1 point)

Rambo 32

LAOS 2

The Phalanx 16

Electronic Samurai 29

D.Radium 15

DeepChild 0

Strike911 17

Ninja-San 4

Bean 19

CopiousX 6

Necrotic 5

Frendly Hunter 5

This month's info

Welcome to the March edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC)!

Due to that thing we all love called life, Atmuh is unable to perform the usual busywork associated with great contests such as this, so I shall be the interim administrator for this month. Other than that, I expect the usual awesomeness from all the talented people on this site, so go forth with your bad self and make something grand!

For final results of last months compo click here.

All previous contest entries can be found right here. Thanks to MiamiGuy for setting that up and maintaining it.

If your unfamiliar with FAC then please refer to the following post that contains all rules and regulations.

As you know the winner of last months FAC gets the privilege of choosing this month's theme. Electronic Samurai has selected Metroid.

For the three or so people who don’t know much about Metroid, or would like a effortless and easy to reach link to get “inspired”, here’s a link to Wikipedia: Metroid Series

Remember, this is a big series with 10 games in the franchise, don’t be afraid to do a little research for your idea!

THE FINAL ENTRIES

It's that time again, to participate in this crazy thing we call democracy and VOTE! That's right, put those pencils down, close that photoshop program, and give those crayons back to your cousin!

Now, gaze in wonder and excitement at, I dare say, one of the better turnouts the FAC has had! Now, enough of my rambling, let's see those ENTRIES!

Rambo

Less Ashamed Of Self

The Phalanx

Electronic Samurai

D.Radium

DeepChild

Strike911

Ninja-San

Bean

CopiousX

Necrotic

friendlyHunter

I want to thank each and every participant for entering, you all have put allot of work into these masterpieces, and for that, you should be proud.

But now, it's up to you, the viewers at home/work/cafe/friend's house to decide which of these artists shall be dubbed, for this month, WINNER!

Remember, to vote, send me a PM with your top three choices, in order, and maybe a few comments about the contest.

Remember, cast your vote before the 29th of March or else dreams will die!

And while you're reading this post, support this thread by wearing one of these:

fan0hu1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan2sd1.png

fan3mr1.png

Possible Questions (now with answers)

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition and must be video game related.

What if I don't know much about the theme?

Information resources are provided in the first post of the thread.

Who can submit art?

Anyone

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

OCR of course, the whole community votes on it.

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over I will count the results and figure out which peice has the most points. When voting the voter sends in their top three favorite peices. The one they like the most is worth 3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1 point.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you REALLY wanna.

Once the points have been counted I will send a happy PM to the winner that tells them that they one and explains how they are to choose the next months theme. *deep breath* Once I get a PM back I will post the results and artists choice for the next months theme.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No P0rn.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

HOLY SHIT ITS FUCKING ON PEOPLE.

An art competition about my favourite gaming series of all time? Oh yes. Things will roll.

Most likely heads.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

now we gotta get bean and other awesome people in this

seriously if this month isnt EXTREMELY awesome and its because this thread is hidden in this annoying subforum heads WILL roll.

I knew Metriod would come up eventually - that's one reason I didn't choose it myself. The other is that I've got no idea how we're gonna top some of the absolutely amazing Samus art that been done. I'm hoping we'll get lots of amazing stuff that's not just Samus :wink:

As always, I already have an idea - but I'll probably end up starting half way through the month anyway =/

I knew Metriod would come up eventually - that's one reason I didn't choose it myself. The other is that I've got no idea how we're gonna top some of the absolutely amazing Samus art that been done. I'm hoping we'll get lots of amazing stuff that's not just Samus :wink:

As always, I already have an idea - but I'll probably end up starting half way through the month anyway =/

i dont care what you do or when you do it just make it epic THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU

I thought the rule was so it's more fair to people with limitied time. But also so people who'd want to do two will instead put more effort into one, therefore resulting in higher quality stuff.

I've got a question though. I was thinking of making a comic, and I'm wondering if I can use Flash to navigate through the pages/panels. To take that a step further, can I add animating stuff, kind of like the stuff in this [link - may contain long loading time] ?

The only interactivity would be changing the pages (click a button), and there'd be no sounds either. Whadda'ya say?

ed;240716']Metriod' date=' huh? That's gonna take some thinkin'. I wanna do another 3D one, but the games are in 3D... hmmm....[/quote']

I not understand....? Most of the games are in 2D, and we're making 2D art. Blizzard once held an art contest, and some of the categories involved making 3D stuff based on a 3D game..... aww, I just wanna see you make something 3D!! =D

I thought the rule was so it's more fair to people with limitied time. But also so people who'd want to do two will instead put more effort into one, therefore resulting in higher quality stuff.

I've got a question though. I was thinking of making a comic, and I'm wondering if I can use Flash to navigate through the pages/panels. To take that a step further, can I add animating stuff, kind of like the stuff in this [link - may contain long loading time] ?

The only interactivity would be changing the pages (click a button), and there'd be no sounds either. Whadda'ya say?

do it1234512.jpg