OCR AG Tournament: Street Fighter Alpha 3

Arek the Absolute

Hello and welcome to the second Overclocked Remix Arcade Game Tournament! We got quite the game this time folks. EasyP, the winner of the last AG tournament, has chosen a fan favorite for this month, Street Fighter Alpha 3! A lot of interest has been shown, and this tournament is going to be a big one.

In this tournament, we shall be doing the "round robin" format. Rules are simple for this. Default settings are mandatory.

You will be playing best 2 out of 3. Point distribution is explained in the table below.

imagewb5.png

We will be using an emulator called Kawaks, a cps1/cps2 and neogeo emulator. It has its own netplay option that does not require lan, so we do not need to worry about using Hamatchi. You can use whichever server fits you best to play your matches on. East coast should use "anti3d", while the West coast should use "fragbox". These two are the best for both coasts, and should help to minimize desynching and ping issues.

If you just found this tournament and think you can't join in anymore, don't worry! Sign ups continue till April 1st, so don't wait for the next tournament, sign up today!

The tournament is here! Practice hard, fight well, and "Go for broke!"

Time for a new siggy banner. I suggest one w/ corny SFA3 announcer quips. "Go For Broke!" "Ain't there somebody who can beat this fighting machine?"

Or just a cool picture. That works too.

Oh, and P.S. that finals match was sabotaged by my lagginess. Darn it.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH BOY-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I.. I mean I too would enjoy to participate in this tourney. *cough*

I'm not really good at Street Fighter (any of them), but if anyone wants to have some practice matches, feel free to reach me on AIM. Gotta size up the competition, ya know?

Hey, not sure if this applies to anyone, but I found an excellent Guy tutorial on youtube today.

NFW. A Guy tutorial!? B.. Broken... Friend... FRIEEEENNNNddd... *gnaws on brain*

</zombie>

You are a good person for posting that. Much thanks. And good luck finding a good one for The 'Gief. If you're going to be playing him, you might as well consider me beaten.

NFW. A Guy tutorial!? B.. Broken... Friend... FRIEEEENNNNddd... *gnaws on brain*

</zombie>

You are a good person for posting that. Much thanks. And good luck finding a good one for The 'Gief. If you're going to be playing him, you might as well consider me beaten.

My 'geif is utter crap right now, especially in "turbo-2-speed-world" where 270s must be fast as crap and Chun-li and Ken rape....

Everyone.

Edit: Oh, Arek, you need to update your first post w/the names of the new entrants; like Sega for example.

Alright, I've never double posted before, but I feel this thread's dire need of attention is worth me risking my my livelihood over.

So, UBER-BUMP!!!/UPDATE!!!!

I found a few instructional videos on the web recently. The problem is none of them are made specifically for SFA:3. However, I have tested out most of the techniques discussed in said videos and can say that they almost all carry over from SSFII:Turbo (the demo game) to SFA:3.

Now, without further ado, the link

In other news, we need to get some practice matches going on. I'll be on the servers tonight (I have multiple emus, so if you'd rather play on Mame as opposed to kawaks, that can be arranged.)