PRC89: How many barrel rolls have YOU done today? [Results]

Rexy

Congrats Leah. To be honest, I can't remember what key I went with. Come to think of it, the source does sound interestingly dissonant in some parts. Sounds almost like the accompaniment modulates, but the melody stays in the same key. xD

Anyway, on another note, I've seriously got to go more mainstream with my compo entries. I just don't think people get my experimental style(s) lmao.

Yup, I voted. I really liked yours Xela, the chorus-like parts mostly. Cool stuff. Wish it was longer!

Yeah, there was some interesting dissonance (or very nearly) in this tune, and I'm wondering if that's why there weren't that many entries. I feel bad for throwing most of it out, but it was just beyond my current knowledge of theory (read: virtually nothing)...and it didn't really work for a dance tune anyhow. :P It was a good challenging source though, and it's interesting how different the three entries turned out because of it.

And Xela...from the handful of entries I've heard from you--and it applies to my crap as well, I'd like to think--at the end of the day, the votes don't mean much. Your stuff has shown tons of creativity and a huge range of styles and ideas. By entering and experimenting with new ideas, you're improving your skills as a remixer and musician/producer in general. That's why I started entering at least--there's no substitute for practice, and PRC is like a little remixer exercise every week. Win some, lose some, whatever--in the end, you take some sharper skills away from it, and hopefully have a little fun by pitting your creativity vs. the limitations of the contest. All I care about personally is that I learn something new each time, and improve a little bit in comparison to my previous stuff.

Anyway, I've had a source tune in mind in case I should ever win one of these, so I'll PM that right away. Hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks everyone; I'm just happy I'm creating slightly less embarrassing "music" each time. :P

A first place vote has as many points as there are entries. So if there's six entries competing against one another, a first place vote is worth six points. Likewise, in the case of this PRC, first place was worth three points because there were three entries.

Ah ok, thanks Rexy. That makes sense.

Yup, I voted. I really liked yours Xela, the chorus-like parts mostly. Cool stuff. Wish it was longer!

Yeah, there was some interesting dissonance (or very nearly) in this tune, and I'm wondering if that's why there weren't that many entries. I feel bad for throwing most of it out, but it was just beyond my current knowledge of theory (read: virtually nothing)...and it didn't really work for a dance tune anyhow. :P It was a good challenging source though, and it's interesting how different the three entries turned out because of it.

And Xela...from the handful of entries I've heard from you--and it applies to my crap as well, I'd like to think--at the end of the day, the votes don't mean much. Your stuff has shown tons of creativity and a huge range of styles and ideas. By entering and experimenting with new ideas, you're improving your skills as a remixer and musician/producer in general. That's why I started entering at least--there's no substitute for practice, and PRC is like a little remixer exercise every week. Win some, lose some, whatever--in the end, you take some sharper skills away from it, and hopefully have a little fun by pitting your creativity vs. the limitations of the contest. All I care about personally is that I learn something new each time, and improve a little bit in comparison to my previous stuff.

Anyway, I've had a source tune in mind in case I should ever win one of these, so I'll PM that right away. Hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks everyone; I'm just happy I'm creating slightly less embarrassing "music" each time. :P

It's impressive that you can create such a good dance track without virtually any knowlede of theory Leah. I take my hat off to you. I couldn't agree more about PRC helping us to improve as musicians and composers - I've learnt so much in all of the PrCs I've entered. I hope it will all prove useful when I finally pluck up the courage to send a remix to OCR to be judged.

Thanks again Rexy for devoting your time to yet another PRC. We all appreciate your enthusiasm and commitment. :)