For the roughly third time, and finally with the appropriate ID3 tag, I would

like to submit Hair's Breadth from the Eye, a MMX Storm Eagle remix to be

found at . Yes, there

are other things there, some of which will also be submitted, others which

have been submitted before with no feedback, but for right now, focus on

Hair's Breadth.

forums SN / author handle: seanstar

- seanstar

please begin your post with a big "Yes" or "No" while we endure the poll issue - thanks.

The drums sound kinda off, and the lead is a little quiet, kinda strange sounding too.

The rain annoys me on a personal level because I dislike static in music, and that's what it sounds like to me.

Also: It cut off at the end. I'm hoping that's a bad download, not the file itself.

It sounds like it has potential but it needs a bit of work.

Vote: No.

Guitar sample sucks, drums are way off, it's really repetative, and there's some very akward breaks in it (though, like Rob's cut off problem, that might have been my download... don't think so though)

No, the song doesn't cut off, but it does fade out, which IMHO is only a notch above cutting off.

And although this usually isn't my basis for judging, the fact that this song is a stylistic repeat of Chikusho Sound Team's remix of the same song and therefore covers absolutely no new ground is just the icing on the cake.

Vote: NO

Whew, last one :D Okies, here we go *cracks knuckles*

I disagree with orky on the guitar samples, as I thought they sounded alright. My version cuts off too, so I can't really say how the ending sounds. The one I got ends at 2:05 at what sounds like the beginning of the closing.

The thunderclaps were... :? okay, I guess. At first I thought they were cool and they relate to the mix ("Storm Eagle"). They do, however, interrupt the flow of things because the sample is loud enough to distract you from the rest of the song. My main complaint is that it's too repetitive. I think you could've ended the song at 1:04 and called it a day. Just because the song is short doesn't mean it won't get posted. While I was going to originally say yes, closer reviewal warrents a no verdict on this one.

I do agree with rob though. This mix does have the potential to get posted. You just need to clean it up a bit.

NO

(gosh i'm being tough today)

Well it cuts off at the end. that makes me a sad monkey machine. The

volume levels are just whack. Where's the lead line? Oh, it's drowning

under all the rain in that movie with Kevin Bacon. And the drums? They

are thunderfooting in that movie Night of the Lepus. Force this thing

though one of those playdough shaper things and you'll have a nice

cookiecutter rock track. but right now it's a little messy at the edges.