OCR Chess Tournament - March 2007

kamoh

I earned a well-deserved loss to Fire when I made the mistake fo getting involved in an involved chat conversation with somebody else at the same time. Before I knew it we had made only a handful of moves and I was down to three minutes while Fire still had most of his 10 (or possibly even more). My half of the game then became rush chess, and even still I continued to try to hold up the conversation. Switching back to my chess window, I saw he had moved and went ahead and made my pre-planned move in a combination I had worked out, except I got mixed up and made the wrong move and gave up my queen.

I briefly considered an undo, but decided, mistake or not, it wasn't a legitimate slip, and I deserved what I got for not paying better attention. I did what I could with what I had left of my game at that point, and, not surprisingly, lost.

This followed a lucky draw from our previous game, in which I also performed not so great (but I don't want to take any credit away from Fire in this first game, because his playing was quite excellent).

So, to sum up, dama vs. Fire: 1 draw, 1 loss for me.

Keegan: Kamoh is you mackin yet?

kamoh: no

kamoh: how do I shot web?

dPaladin: lol

dPaladin: how appropriate

Oh jeez, did I actually say that? The wondrous affects of alcohol! In other news, Keegan wins two vs Greyfox. Heres the 2nd game, the one I remembered to send to meself.

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game
;White: gray_fox9996
;Black: keegan_the_fox
;Date: Thu Mar 22 02:39:29 GMT 2007

1. e2-e4 c7-c5
2. f1-c4 e7-e6
3. d2-d4 g8-f6
4. f2-f3 d7-d5
5. c4-b5+ b8-c6
6. e4-e5 f6-d7
7. g1-e2 c5xd4
8. e2xd4 d8-h4+
9. g2-g3 h4xd4
10. c1-d2 f8-c5
11. c2-c3 d4-f2++

EDIT: I finished my game with Atlas with a Win for myself, and Dama has upsettingly forfeit, so I guess I get both wins off that?

imagepp2.png

Hey, we're going to announce a round-robin winner, then do another tournament starting very very soon - probably Friday or Monday - I just haven't figured out the constant schedule that I'd like.

This would be a rotational schedule that includes the emulation and arcade tournaments in the mix, with three-week schedules for each one. I just so happens that the other two tournaments have a fairly delayed playoffs coming up, and OCRCL is currently the least organized.

The next tournament may harken back to double-elimination.

hey guys.

Lost to salaxzar twice.

As is USUALLY the case, I'm going to stop support for this single tournament and not declare a winner (although Keegan was the most productive). As a side note, I'm getting tired of convincing myself that the chess league is good, and although I want to keep going, it's just too many games for naught now. I'm not sure how to fix this necessarily, but I have an idea.

I'm making a new thread.