MML2 - Train Battle Remix

Dash Myoku

This seemed kind of monotonous the first time I listened to it, but I couldn't figure out exactly why until I realized that the hi-hat was incredibly linear (and just a bit too loud) throughout the entire song. The drums aren't exactly dynamic, and a linear hi-hat tends to bring that lack of dynamics to the forefront. If you switched up the hi-hat to work around the drums in a more varied way it'd significantly improve the overall quality. The only part where the linear hi-hat fit well was 1:44 on to the end. I like that part the best (it's got that 1998 top 10 emotive quality about it). Hope that helps.

Yeah, I'm not much of a drummer, so I usually just come up with something basic and throw it in. But yeah, I'll change around the drums (especially the hi-hat) 'n what not, just to liven 'em up a bit.

1998 Top 10 Emotive? Uh, well...sure. I mean, I don't usually keep up with Genre's or anything. I just wanted an ending that could loop, but not get old really fast. Ya know, just something to fade-out on.

But yeah, thanks for your comments, Altus.