Something Dark pt.1

B33J

Sup OCR, long time lurker, etc.

Anyway, the way I make my songs is when I have a small idea about a neat sound and subsequently expand upon it. Never do I have a idea of a full song before I start working on one. And this is a WIP of the result.

http://www.b33j.com/files/Something_Dark3.mp3

This song is supposed to sound like it's from a movie, during a post-apoclyptic future where the sky is constantly overcast and brown with dirt, a barren wasteland of a previous human civilization, where a colossal sized black floating obelisk of alien origin floats thru the sky parting the dusty clouds, like a mounting parting a sea.

I want this particular song to be an intro to an album, kind of like how the intro to Shine On You Crazy Diamond is so long. I want it to lead into a dark ominous drum-n-bass kind of sound, but I have no idea how to make songs like that. I would like it to start blending in with this song at about 1:35, cause at 1:45 begins just a temporary outtro I just threw together for closure.

The 'bell' sound is just a grand piano with two notes with some neat rolling EQ effects with a slowly approaching delay-line.

I probably need to tone down the bass and up the volume on everything else, eh?