OCR00691 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Love Hurts"

orkybash

I think that I have some sort of serious medical problem. See, whenever I hear this song, my foot starts tapping. I desperately try to stop my foot from tapping, and then my head starts nodding. After that, my hand starts moving. It's insane. I can't stop.

Seriously though, I love this song. I especially like the jazzy organ playing through the background. I just can't stop listening to this mix.

hi guys....this is my first post ever on these forums.....i just couldn't resist writing about this remix by DJP. what can i say..... A WORK OF ART! i just can't stop listening to this song at home, work or in my car. kudos to DJP for making probably his best remix to date.

You know you're a geek when you battle pain with a video game remix. Either that, or the remix is absolutely wonderful. Or possibly both. Let me explain.

I'm feeling lonely, because I just called a girl I happen to be madly in love with about five minutes before she had to leave for vacation, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm not going to talk to her for two weeks, and I might possibly not see her for an even longer stretch of time, and what piece of music do I put on? This one. Ah, sweet sorrow and a beautiful hopeful tomorrow. And sweet bass. Funk. Beautiful tune. *Sob.*

• 4 weeks later...

Pretzel, since my hat and pants are saluted allready, i'll have to salute this with my last piece of decent clothing wich is my shirt (dont be offended ?)

Well this is more than beautifull, it brings a tear to my eyes because this is what music is all about, played with emotions, to bring out emotions. I still feel the most amazing rush of feelings listening to this.

Mind you Mr Pretzel at -1:58 theres this little .. bass-ish solo, and i want you to know that this is the part of the song that impressed me the most, so imagine that my ears were allready liquiding to the sound of the song, they almost bursted of pure extacy when that part came on.

This ranks as in one of the best OC ReMixes that i've heard so far, and its done by the very host of this amazing site

Pretzel, forever may you be cursed/blessed for this song is stuck in my head and will probably never get out of my head .. i dont know wether its a good or bad thing ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've downloaded about 25 or so awesome songs from this wonderful site, but I can say that this is clearly the best on here (fromt he ones I've heard anyway). It gives the original tune a new life, taking it in different directions, and what's been done with it is so fricking amazing. At first I had no idea what tune it was a remix of, but it didn't take me long to figure out that it was my favourite tune from the original Sonic game. It's a very funky tune, and one that everyone must listen to. Get it now!

Keep up the excellent work djpretzel.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, it does sound like a nice opening for a vocal takeover. It's definitely a very nice ReMix, I like the kick-back style for ReMixes a lot, and this track surely covers that concept. Nice work DJ Pretzel, but I wouldn't expect any less from you, you're one of the best on the 'site. :P

• 2 months later...

Anyone seen the recent movie about Frida Kahlo? This made me think of the scene when she tangoes with the other woman in a decidedly sensual way. The song definitely has some neat details.

Not exactly something that brings a tear to my eye as some others describe, but the thingy, not sure what it is, maybe it's a funkified organ or some standard synth (hard to describe, it's used in a lot of golden oldies when synth was the latest "wow"), but it makes me imagine Frank Zappa game remixes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a beautiful mix. great interpretation, as usual. theres only one thing i dont like: the rubber bass that comes in at :33. it sounds like a frog. it doesnt fit and i find it to be a turn off. i ask, why did djp go with this sound for bass? its cool, but i dont think its right for this song. i can think of any number of bass osunds that would have sounded better. well i love the mix other than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care what anyone says. This is the best Sonic remix I have ever heard, it retains that classy SEGA style mixed in with a very diggable beat. It's also very unpredictable and full of variations without ruining the original melody. Recommended. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00691 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Love Hurts"