Original Game Music: RPG Battle.

Here's something I threw together that would probably go in an RPG game as the standard battle theme. The intro may sound a little complex and jumbled, but it's meant to give the impression that a battle is about to begin. The melody goes into a little fanfareish to give hope to the fighters, then goes into a mode of concentration, then into a winning sound.

Any comments, critiques, and suggestions welcome!

http://www.e-concerto.net/music098273/battle1.mp3

Gotta say, electric concerto...

The intro may sound a little complex and jumbled, but it's meant to give the impression that a battle is about to begin.

sounds like the biggest cop-out I've heard in a while =P. If I'm wrong so be it, but if you're hearing it like I'm hearing it, yes, it is indeed awkward and ungainly, ineffective. This is a key concept: if you don't like it, change it. Rationalizing it is the worst thing you could do =P.

Other than that, I think this is a pretty solid euro-dance-or-whatever track. The chord progression is classic and effective, the melody is classic and effective - rather well-composed all around, although I wouldn't give it extra points for originality. The drum track is especially nice - quality, aside from the fills, is great. You picked a great kick and snare. The synths are interesting, in that many of them seem to have this strings-ish timbre - I think the sound is great, although I think the experience is weakened a bit by the mixing. Nothing specific, just the liberal and judicious employment of EQ and compression can make or break the overall feel of a track - sorry to point out the obvious, but you're going to get batter at things like that with time.

If you're not just starting out, I apologize for what I'm about to say, but: it definitely sounds like you're on your way to creating some great stuff, as this is on the whole well-composed, well-conceived, and well-executed, and it sounds like you already know what you're doing in a number of compositional and production areas. Thanks for posting it!