PRC91: Once Upon a Time in a Chasm (Cave Story) [Results]

Rexy

The remixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun! To vote, you send me a PM and in that PM you rank all remixes from first to third. Contestants don't need to place their own entries as they will automatically get a first place vote. The vote of the winner of PRC90 (myself) has a vote that counts for double. You have until Tuesday, April 10th at 5PM EST to cast your vote. The winner will get to choose the source material for PRC92!

ZIP Archive

Chavous - Spelunking

Chickenwarlord - Fried Circuits

Xela - Do the Robot!

The voting stage is over. And man, even that was just as feeble as the voting round. Maybe Easter is a bad time for remixing @_@

Total number of mixes: 3

Total number of votes: 6

Highest possible score: 18 (wtf?)

Chickenwarlord gets the third place wooden spoon with 9 points.

Xela followed on in second place with 13 points.

And the winner of PRC91 is Chavous with 15 points!

Well done on the win, though I still feel a little miffed over what's occuring with the sudden deadlines and drop in votes lately. Regardless of what happens, I want you to get in there and show me what source material you want to utilise for PRC92 this Friday. Your input will be very much appreciated.

And now, we leave PRC for just a few days longer. Thanks very much and I'll see you again this weekend.

Thanks to whoever gave me a second place vote! I don't know who you are, but you boosted my ego.

Chavous: Loved the laid back feeling you had going on in the beginning. I think the percussion should've been a little more subtle at the start. It got pretty playful midway through, and you definitely needed to change that instrument, or the octave register. Just a bit on the shrill side for my ears.

Xela: Piano tone felt wrong somehow at the beginning. Felt much better with other layers on top of it. Nice work with panning echoes. That synth playing the melody felt abrasive all around. Go for something a little lighter and less 'screech-like'.

I hope my comments help.

Maybe the low turnout was due to Rexy not changing her signature. I think we should foolishly shift the blame to her.

Just try to remember to do it next time :).

Thank you. @_@ I thought I did that right at the beginning; have spent more time than the usual this Easter vacation on polishing up any reports for college.

No worries, I will do it for PRC92 though, I assure you.