OCR01585 - *YES* Super Mario Bros. 2 'Lizardiño Slayer Quartet'

Liontamer

Ooh, fun! Despite the brevity of this arrangement, I actually felt like it went in some interesting directions. The mixing is rather dry, but that in combination with the classic rock beat and quirky bassline makes it sound very Beatles. I like the way electric guitar's sound sort of evolves throughout the mix. Good use of FX, and there was some decent original material from 1:05-1:15.

Because the structure is basically identical to the original and you only did it once through, I'm a little concerned about the conservativeness of the arrangement. Still, the soundscape is so unique and varied internally that it would be a shame not to pass this.

YES

P.S. Timpanis at 1:29 made me lawl a little.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/superm~1.zip - Track 2 ("Overworld BGM")

Played the original version of this way back on VGF75. I remember not being nearly as hot on it back then, but this version definitely sounds improved from a production standpoint.

Short, but personalized. The arrangement could use MORE development, but it's critical to note that the arrangement is still adequately developed, not underdeveloped.

The volume is a bit loud, but nothing negatively impactful; lends to the energy. Brief but creative transition section from 1:03-1:15 that was wholly original, also used as the intro. There's loads of good instrumental variation from verse to verse that really seal the deal in terms of making the arrangement his own. Solid stuff.

YES

Haha, if anybody can listen to this and not grin, then that person has no soul. And I pity them.

For the first bit of the song, despite the perky fun-ness that was going on all over the place, I thought there was a little too little deviation from the original melody, but that concern was smoothed out soon enough.

This is packed with Nintendo fun for the entire family. I'll say again, there's no plausible excuse for anyone to not smile, and maybe tap a toe or two to this. If a real Nintendo theme park ever does actually come into existence, I hope this will be looped all over the place there.

Really creative, and most of all fun take on a well known tune.

YESSIR

The only thing that could have made this better would have been some tasteful "hoo hoo's" ;)

• 1 month later...