CT Factory Wipz

IsNoMore

hey all, i'd like some feedback/critisism on my remix of "remains of the factory"

it's not quite done yet, but i think i'm getting close.

you can probably tell i made this using FLStudio 3.56, cause some of the drum samples are pretty bad.

the rest of it is five 3xosc's for bass and melody, and one ts404 for the rubber band guitar part.

i'm still working on the arrangement, and automations right now.

i may redo this mix with more up to date software, if i can get some cash saved up.

anyway, let me know if you people like it or not.

http://h1.ripway.com/NoMore/factory-ct8.34ORC3.1.mp3

Right now u definitely need better samples.....these sound extremely MIDIish, which doesnt fly on this site. I will say I like ur arrangement early on, though it seems to get repetitive as it goes on.....you have alot going on which helps to thicken the soundscape, but I think u need more variation towards the end. Ive never heard the original song, so i cant comment on how much you deviate or stick to the original, but this has some potential.....

What program did u use to make this?

this sounds really cool. drums arnt that bad but you might want to make them more clear. i dont use fruity loops so i cant say too much more about that. anyway, only thing i can think of is to add some more variety. try switching up or adding instruments. you got the same synth and piano going the whole time. try to work on the piano sample a little bit too. good stuff so far. do whatcha do

thanks for listening guys, i do plan on adding more variety to the melody, and to the drum sequences.

i also plan on totally replacing the drums with better samples, and maybe some synths.(the drums are basic 808 samples from FL that i use to get things sequenced.)

the piano is from Edirol Orchestral VSt, so i can tweak it quite a bit.

im kind of stuck on the arrangement, but i think some kind of original lead part may fill in the gaps a bit.

i'll work on it some, and see what happens.:)

That bass sounds awesome. Aside from the drums which sound like they need effects, the sound design in this is pretty good. An original lead part would be great--I was hearing new melodies in my head to lay on top of this while listening. This could be an awesome jazz/trip-hop piece, if you're so inclined. Nice base, build on it!

FL 3.56??!!! lol come on man! get with the times, 7 is out now...anyways, it does still indeed sound rather midi-ish and the drum samples deffffinitely need revamping as well as the textures and power of everything here. send me a message if you want me to hook you up with some stuff ^^

arrangement however was indeed good, keep working on it

• 2 weeks later...

here's a slightly updated version for you guys.

i added a small lead part, EQ'd the drums a bit.

(they still suck, the Ride cymbal is just painfull, sorry, and i need to sequence more parts later)

im thinking of adding a second unique synth for each one i have going now, then using automation to blend and transition them together.

the arrangement is pretty much the same as it was before, the lead repeats at the end, and it gets pretty clogged up there as well.

http://h1.ripway.com/NoMore/factory-ct8.34ORC3.15.mp3

p.s. anybody have any suggestions as to what sequencing software is good these days? i'll have about $500 to spend when i get my tax returns.

Man... the beginning feels like madness!!!... sounds like randomizer stuff. Then comes the piano. That part is nice, i like it, and i think you should put it before. Really, don't save the best for the end,, you must catch listener's attention from the beginning!!!. So, if I were you I would start the song straight from the piano part, and from there start building up. Ah, and try putting a lead melody: a violin? a piano? a guitar?,... just something that does a melody.

Nice stuff :-) .