Japanese Remixes

Dhsu

• 3 years later...

Well...its usually bad to be THAT GUY who bumps old threads but someone pointed out this topic and I couldn't help it. I wonder is there any new information or recommendations out there. That Arrange Stream thing is pretty cool but very hard to navigate...I don't get why no one uses simpler links.. it tends to be links to the site and then you have to search for it on that site if its even there...

Well...its usually bad to be THAT GUY who bumps old threads but someone pointed out this topic and I couldn't help it. I wonder is there any new information or recommendations out there. That Arrange Stream thing is pretty cool but very hard to navigate...I don't get why no one uses simpler links.. it tends to be links to the site and then you have to search for it on that site if its even there...

japanese people are not very good at site design

oh yeah i am making a site for my art lemme list all my artwork as TINY LITTLE SQUARES ALL CLOSE TOGETHER

Wow, didn't think I'd ever see this thread again.

Well it turns out you're in luck. Celestia 8 is slated to be released in two days! 102 tracks of Square-Enix remix goodness. :)

Sweet...I'll check it out in 2 days then.

oh yeah i am making a site for my art lemme list all my artwork as TINY LITTLE SQUARES ALL CLOSE TOGETHER

lol...I actually saw a site like that. They had pokemon images that were links to entirely unrelated game music..

Japanese aren't bad at web design, they just have different design philosophies than western cultures. It's schizophrenic and nonsensical to us, but they seem to do just fine with it.

A little late, but here's a link to the whole shebang, courtesy of Levolution.

http://levolution.info/celestia8/celestia8_all.zip

Listening to this at work today, gonna post my favorite tracks here as I go:

Final Fantasy 5 - Harvest

That's great! I'd only downloaded about half of them then I had to stop. But this works too. I'll grab it while I'm here at school since the net is faster.

I haven't went through a lot of it but...

Singing Mountain

is my favorite so far. Though since I don't really know the source, I can't give an honest answer if its really different or not haha...

Levolution.

This reminds me of when I first got my nicovideo account a couple years ago, just to see what was on that site. Because let's face it, we're all curious right? I was pleased to discover that THE FIRST RESULT for "overcoat" on nicovideo gets you THIS:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2668568

A GIANT hour long collection some fan put together of Seiken Densetsu tunes. And after the short intro track, you get to hear that old old vgmix I did with Helen Σ(゚Д゚)

The "Powell Resurrection" song by Lix that comes after mine I thought was pretty cool so I followed up on that and discovered Levo Lution and all those other albums and they sound pretty great, I think I'll check out their new one it's probably pretty sweet.

if your music shows up on nicovideo does that make you a doujin musician? :D