WIP - Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI)

Eiyoko

Right now u definitely need better samples.....also you'll get much more concrete feedback if you post a more developed mix. I know this is the WIP forum, but its really helpful to have your mix more structurally complete before posting it.

I do think this has that Sci-Fi sound to it, which would be interesting to roll with. I think you could benefit from using some glitch effects and more synths. You could also take the orchestral route, but I wouldnt recommend that for your first mix. Just keep at it, its got potential....I promise you the only way to improve is to stick with it : ) Right now Im having some of my own direction issues with my recently posted WIP (Forest Requiem), so I know what ur goin through, lol.

First of all, what's the source tune? I play FFXI but I don't recognize it.

Next, yeah, some better samples would help, but not as much as some effects and EQing imo. Maybe some reverb or delay effects. And like Rod said, although this IS the wip forum, you should probably develop it a bit more before you post. Really hard to help w/ what little is there.

unimportant sidenote: my first attempt at remixing was also a FFXI mix :P (it failed miserably...)

hrm, ok. You happen to have a link to an mp3 of the original? It still doesn't sound familiar :/

The original song is used as the theme for a series of boss battles involving the Ark Angels (there's one Ark Angel for every race excluding the Zilart and Kuluu). Usually to survive in those fights you want to be at least in the high 60's levelwise, so naturally very few people get to hear it (as is the case with quite a bit of the FFXI music...).

The original song can be found at the following link:

I know, it's horrificly slow...I'll upload the song on filefront tomorrow.

Scroll down and click on "Fighters of the Crystal". After the link scroll down a little ways and click "Download to computer".

In other news...I've made progress!

My recent Remix version:

http://files.filefront.com/fghtrfthcrstlREMIX_v04mp3/;7238573;/fileinfo.html

Still quite a ways from being finished (and still alot I need to fix T.T), but I'm working on it as we speak. ^^;