#121 Darangen

Darangen

Robo (+700)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:32 AM

So I don't pay attention for one month and this just happens to happen.

Totally awesome Jill. Very impressive, yet not so shocking ;)

When women ask for your opinion, they don't want to hear your opinion, they want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice.

#122 cloudkitt

cloudkitt

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

My friend's dad is the chief artist at Firaxis (makers of Civ) I go to work with him now and then, I'll have to see if he knows about you!

#123 DJ Skratch 'n' Sniff

DJ Skratch 'n' Sniff

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:07 AM

I just want to say that Jill's awesome and that my only qualm is that she doesn't make enough ReMixes. Damn you!

#124 Hyperion5182

Hyperion5182

Guybrush Threepwood (+800)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

I bought civ 4. Glad i did. music is pretty damned awesome. Cant wait for the expansion!
Posted Image

Thanks to Cel for this sig you have done justice to my ship.

#125 Kadosho

Kadosho

Roll (+350)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMarana, AZ USA

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

Congrats Jill! =D This is gonna be great to hear your voice on many game soundtracks for years to come.

#126 Zombie

Zombie

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

Wow, I totally didn't notice this thread up here... and it's been here for over a month...

Anyways, congratulations. :)

#127 Ranael

Ranael

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Locationa plot hole

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Congratulations Pixietricks!!! That is so awesome, I can't wait to get the cd so I can listen to the track you are working on! When will it be available?
Ellen(glomping Elliot):Mommy!
Elliot(screaming):I'M TOO YOUNG AND TOO MALE TO BE THE MOTHER OF A SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD FEMALE ME!!!
(Elliot and Ellen from El Goonish Shive. I command you to go to www.elgoonishshive.com Read or the owl will eat you!)

#128 Keiseth

Keiseth

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:59 AM

Woohoo! Congratulations Pixietricks!

I haven't personally played Civ4 yet, but I've played every other one. The composer also did the music in Civ3? While it was compared to Civ2 quite a bit in terms of Gameplay, it seems most agree the music was very, very good.
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal. -H.P. Lovecraft

#129 SamuraiFoochs #Reload

SamuraiFoochs #Reload

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNow in NC, battling his inner redneck.

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

I'm way late to the party, but somebody set up Civ4 the Pixietricks, oh snap!

'Grats, Jill! This is huge!
Posted Image

#130 Trivun (crispymongoose)

Trivun (crispymongoose)

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

well done pixietricks, hope 2 hear u on game soundtracks soon. u were the 1 who did the voice in 'Via', were you not? I just wondered, cos i remembered id downloaded that an made a video of it with clips from Final Fantasy X, so i thought ur name sounded familiar. anyway, the vid is on youtube under 'crispymongoose' if u wanna see it, otherwise, well done, congratulations, and so on... :)!!

#131 Abadoss

Abadoss

Trenches Composer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:54 AM

Just in case anyone's interested, the website for BtS is currently up and featuring some very interesting music. Pixie, is that one of the ones that you worked on?

http://www.2kgames.c...beyondthesword/

#132 Kizyr

Kizyr

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:51 PM

Well, the release date for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword has been updated. It's now July 23rd (which, perhaps unfortunately, is <i>after</i> Otakon weekend).

The CivFanatics forum has a ton of updated information on the extras here:
http://forums.civfan...ad.php?t=222075

Jill is mentioned once again, re: the soundtrack for the scenario "Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice".

The zombie-fighting and space-colonization scenarios also sound good...

Just in case anyone's interested, the website for BtS is currently up and featuring some very interesting music. Pixie, is that one of the ones that you worked on?

...that certainly sounds like her in the chorus. But, I'm no expert. Though I can't wait to hear the solo piece she mentioned. KF
Posted Image

#133 Jillian Aversa

Jillian Aversa

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,696 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

Strange... That is the main theme I sang for, but the version up on this teaser site sounds like the MIDI choir - not us. Either they used that temporarily until the real release, or they mixed in our vocals to the point that the words are indistinguishable. We did have real lyrics. I think it's just the MIDI choir, personally. They're probably saving up the good stuff.

EDIT: (July 15th)
The real recording is up at the above address! It's a little lo-fi, but that is the main theme I was a part of. Don't know how I'll get my hands on the solo recording, though, unless I buy Civ IV *and* BTS.

...Or if Michael Curran is nice enough to give me a copy. ^_~

#134 Kizyr

Kizyr

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

So... has anyone picked this up yet?

I did on Tuesday, as soon as I was able to find it in stores. Incidentally, I've been about an hour late to work every day since. Needless to say, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far--I'm really enjoying the new features they've added, and am itching to try out some of the mods (especially "Final Frontier" and "Fall from Heaven").

EDIT: (July 15th)
The real recording is up at the above address! It's a little lo-fi, but that is the main theme I was a part of. Don't know how I'll get my hands on the solo recording, though, unless I buy Civ IV *and* BTS.

...Or if Michael Curran is nice enough to give me a copy. ^_~

The 'solo' recording that you mentioned... Does it sound like a dark/ominous theme, with some of these lyrics:

'I remember cold wind, I remember.
Forever, the wind will blow,
Forever, the bell will toll
Dreams of dreams are distant
Mankind is asleep, the end is far away
The end is far away, mankind is asleep'

?

I'd like to say it is... but I'm not entirely sure as it's lower than I'm used to hearing you sing.

That song in particular is used as the opening for the "Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice" mod/scenario, the one that's fantasy-themed. KF
Posted Image

#135 zircon

zircon

Balance and Ruin Director, Voices of the Lifestream Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,977 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:08 PM

Kizyr; pixie is relaxing at the moment but she says yes, that is the one she sang for. :)
Original albums, tutorials, videos, free music at zirconMusic

Kontakt samples for composers & remixers: Impact Soundworks

My music gear recommendations for $99 or less!

twitter | facebook | youtube

#136 Abadoss

Abadoss

Trenches Composer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:45 AM

pixie, I pre-ordered the game and, since the music files are in .mp3 format, I'd be willing to send you those that you sang on...

#137 Jillian Aversa

Jillian Aversa

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,696 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

Thanks, Abadoss! I think Kizyr is going to send them to me, though. He PM'ed me about it. :>

#138 Geoffrey Taucer

Geoffrey Taucer

Serious Monkey Business Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,630 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:02 AM

Ok, so I'm going to be buying this game. What do I actually need in order to play it? I mean, do I need to get just civ 4 and the expansion, or both expansions, or just the expansion, or what?
Posted Image
"No single step in the search for enlightenment should ever be considered sacred; only the search should."
-Ann Druyan

#139 Kizyr

Kizyr

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:38 AM

Ok, so I'm going to be buying this game. What do I actually need in order to play it? I mean, do I need to get just civ 4 and the expansion, or both expansions, or just the expansion, or what?

You'll need Civilization IV, and the Beyond the Sword expansion. You don't need the other expansion (Warlords).

After installing it, by the way, I'd recommend downloading all the patches/upgrades (you can do that through the title screen when you start up the game), especially if you have a somewhat older machine (like myself). KF
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums