DJ SymBiotiX Feat. Villainelle - Evasive Maneuvers

SenPi

Alright, so this is my first attempt at combining tranceish elements with orchestral stuff. This song is supposed to be somewhat of an RPG style song. I feel like its an escape type of song, thus the name. Also, Villainelle (Leah on the boards) contributed some vocals for me. Thanks again ^_^.

Enjoy.

DJ SymBiotiX Feat. Villainelle - Evasive Maneuvers

Nice. But omg lots of treble! The whole mix sounds really tinny.

That trumpet is so fake sounding it is tough to take seriously at all. I'd recommend changing it to a synth or something. As a rule for myself, if I have an instrument I can't get sounding good, I get rid of it or change it completely till I get something good.

Drums are pretty good!

Dynamics - the whole song is at like 100% max epic emotion level the whole way through. Needs some builds and eb and flow, ya know?

hmm.. It sounded like a good mix between treble and bass for me.

I also DO suck at geting phat basses to blend in to the song without overpowering everything... thats something I just cant figure out for the life of me.

Trumpet - ... yea your right lol.

as for the dynamics.. I guess I just didnt really put enough thought and effort in to them <_<..

Personally I'm pretty happy with it, and honestly its gotten to the point where I really dont feel like working on it anymore. So I suppose its just gonna have to stay this way.

Edit: Yay for people liking my drum work for once XD

Yeah I def agree the drum work is good. I agree with sgx about the dynamics. For a booming bass, you might need to some serious EQ. Cut all midrange except for maybe 400. Cut out 200-250hx completely. Give a lil boost around 3-5khz.

Also I'm feeling maybe another lead instrument and some counter melody for some added variation.

Def liking the vocals. Besides all that def a good song. A lot of the basic elements are really good some of the others need a lil beefing up.