OCR01569 - Touhou Youyoumu: Perfect Cherry Blossom "Icy Peaks"

djpretzel

Man, like two thousand new Touhou arranges come out every second in Japan, but covers by Westerners have been conspicuously absent.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, because 99% of the songs sound exactly the same.

This remix is really good, though. Gave the song actual depth. Short but sweet.

wowza i havent played this bad boy in a while

saw that screen on the front page and was like woah its that game that game is HARD

so impressed greatly right off the bat that its this crazy awesome shump game

but the remicks is pretty nice as well, not really my style but good enough for me to recognize it and nice nice nice

Unfortunately, I know very little about that game other than an internet video I saw a while back. However, the one thing that really sticks out about this mix is your proficiency on the violin. Your tone is quite excellent. And while I am a composer and thus don't wish to have to pay too much money for things, I seriously hope that you charge a decent amount for gigs.

I'm very much hoping that you continue to remix and submit here at OCR. I look forward to hearing what else you come up with. Also, if there'd ever be a chance, I would love to have you record some of my music (but I don't think I could financially afford it).

This fuckin rocks dude. Reminds me of a song from House of Flying Daggers called lovers. Around 1:08 reminds of the climax to the Evangelion opening song. It may be short but it gets it's point across...Beautiful.

I knew it! I was trying to think what film I remember that bit of melody from. I knew it was something like that. I was thinking Hero or Mulan even, lols.

This is just great playing. Obviously, could be longer, but it's rare we get violin work anywhere near this good, so it doesn't bother me that much. I'd rather listen to 2 minutes of superb strings then 4 minutes of average ones.

Wow, this is certainly one of the more beautiful pieces in OCR. I love the more intimate chamber music style, I hope to see more music in this style in the future!

It is a bit on the short side, which makes me a little sad when the two minutes are up. Though a sweet two minutes they are.

I hope to hear more from you Justus (is that pronounced "just-us" or like "you-stus," like on Courage the Cowardly Dog?).

This is great. The arrangement and intonation are as good as you can expect from a piece constructed under such conditions.

I've been waiting for years for something like this to pop up. It is impossible to make chamber music sound very good with samples or amateur musicians, which is why this community hasn't seen any (I think?) before now. The lack of a lower range sounded strange to me at first, but I think that your arrangement has dealt with this well. I really hope you submit more to OCR, because this is sweet and there are only a few (such as po!) violinists around.

Man, this piece is absolutely beautiful... I can't seem to get it off loop. I rarely see things like this on OCR... Especially not at this level. I guess I can see why people think it's too short, but for the most part I think it's just right. moar liek this plz

I agree with underthesun.

This piece does take the sting out of the Virginia Tech shooting a bit, as it has the song has slight resemblence the action is muted out and the music is playing just like in a drama film.

The lenght of the song does not matter, as is it a beautiful peice that belongs with OCR and on my playlist.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01569 - Touhou Youyoumu: Perfect Cherry Blossom "Icy Peaks"