OCR00722 - *YES* Donkey Kong Country 'Jungle Stomp'

djpretzel

Note that Kooper909's previous submission was delayed quite a bit - if everyone could vote on this piece ASAP, that'd be super-peachy and what not.

Hello. This is the mix I talked about in the post ...

it's much better than Windy Waters. I hope you enjoy

it.

It's a remix of the Donkey Kong Country title theme.

There's not much to say, except that this piece is

based HUGELY on percussion. So ... I hope you like it.

Information to include:

Name I want it credited to: Kooper909

server trouble :/ )

E-mail: kooper909@yahoo.com

Happy listening!

Well, the focus is on the drums as you said, and fortunately those drums are very good. They're changed up enough to keep if from being repetative, which would have killed a song like this. Unfortunately, the same quality is far from evident in the other instruments. The brass samples are passable (except for the low section), but the way they're used just rubs me the wrong way. Not enough harmony, I think. You have several instruments playing the same melody in different octaves, and that just doesn't work, IMO. It might improve things if the dums were way louder and more intense, almost but not quite enough to drown out the brass. On the plus side, the pan flute sounds awesome. But all in all, this remix just doesn't sound right somehow.

No

This mix has a lot going on in it, sounds like a jungle orchestra. Interesting flanger effects throughout the song, and it is put together very well, with the melody being played in different octaves, sound effects, and panning. The brass samples are ok, just about, and work well with the strings.

You can tell that a lot of time was put in this mix, I think it came off well - it is very dynamic. I actually liked the Windy Waters, this is an improvement.

YES.

Yes. I loved the animal noises. The pan flute was beautiful. My only complaint would be the brass samples, but hey, horn samples as a whole pretty much suck. Malcos is right. A lot of time/energy went into this. Orchestra hits are cool too! Everything about this mix is cool. This is a 100% improvement over Windy Waters, which I thought was good too. Good job Koop! Now you can get that +v (hopefully)!

Uhm wow, you know what?

I just have to say this, it's unrelated, but when I "downloaded" this it went really fast, like 2mb/sec and I was really surprised.

It wasn't until re-reading this topic just now that I realized that it's being hosted on my own computer.

I'm such a 'tard sometimes.

If I'm allowed to post mixes and incorrectly attribute them to CotMM, you can be goofy too :)

Why was this thread locked? A majority wasn't reached. We need one more yes or 3 more no's for that. A boo boo or you just made a final decision?

Way things are going lately, that could take a while, and since I think the percussion alone makes this basically worthy, I was gonna go ahead with it. Any judges who've not yet weighed in want to vote real quick? I'd like to post Saturday night otherwise, but I'll wait till then.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I get it. Pretzel is a fill-in judge. Okay, I see. You poor guy, as if you don't have enough. Remember the days when all you had to do was come up with clever stuff for Prof. Pretzel and Fresh Greens to say??

Ahh yes, the good ole days :)

Went ahead and posted - borderline. If Kooper gets improved soundfonts in the future, I think we'll just remain open to his submitting a revised version, and call it that.