MCVAFFE unfinished remix medley

zircon

McVaffe - a legendary OCReMixer - posted this way back in 2003 showing all the stuff he was working on. Sadly he has only finished one of the remixes. It is still fun to listen to, however.

http://www.soundtempest.net/McVRemixPreview.mp3

TRACK IDENTIFICATION

0:00 - 0:19 Super Mario Bros 1 (Main theme)

0:19 - 0:41 Luigi's Mansion (?)

0:41 - 1:19 Legend of Zelda main theme

1:19 - 1:32 Dr. Mario

1:32 - 2:21 Mario Paint

2:21 - 2:37 Pilotwings

2:37 - 3:05 Startropics (?)

3:05 - 4:00 Zelda 3 Credits (?)

4:01 - 4:22 SMB3 Battle

4:22 - 4:39 Ice Climbers

4:39 - 5:22 Startropics

5:22 - 5:49 DKC 1 Aquatic Ambiance

5:49 - 6:29 Zelda 3 Dark World

6:29 - 6:59 SMB Credits

6:59 - 7:16 ???

7:16 - 7:35 SMB3 Credits

7:35 - 8:00 SM64 Credits

I wanna say Final Fantasy 3(J) or one of the Dragon Quest games for 1:32. It sounds really familiar...

5:49 is actually the Zelda 3 Dark World theme.

6:29 is the Super Mario World credits theme.

7:16 is the Super Mario Bros. 3 credits theme.

7:35 is the Super Mario 64 credits theme.

I think McVaffe has a Mario credits fetish. :P Anyway, Larry should be the one you ask about this stuff.

avaris, the Zelda 3 credits theme is actually in the mix that McVaffe finished and released on OCR as The Darkness And The Light, combined with the Zelda 3 Dark World WIP.

1:32 - 2:21 ???

It's the Mario Paint title screen music... or at least, part of it is.

EDIT: 4:39 (Startropics) sounds awesome. Have there been any other remixes of this source? I'm not familiar with the game or it's music, but the melody sounds so damn familiar. I'm just wondering where I might have heard it before.

EDIT2: For some reason, that section (particularly 4:53-5:11) reminds me of this.

avaris, the Zelda 3 credits theme is actually in the mix that McVaffe finished and released on OCR as The Darkness And The Light, combined with the Zelda 3 Dark World WIP.

Ah nice it's right in the middle of darkness and the light except sped up. Can't believe I didn't pick that up, it's one of my favs on OCR for good reason. Thanks dude.

His last remix was posted mid 2004 and he wasn't even really active around then. His website has de-registered and he stopped posting on the forums around '05 or early '06. Seems like he is not pursuing music actively... I have talked with him a few times via email, even in late '06, but he's pretty sure he won't be doing more remixes anytime soon. He still wishes he could do music I think.