Random original song in Reason 3 - Stuck (penultimate version)

Audity

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vyxnvr

mirror

Since its first incarnation, I always felt this song made me feel "stuck" in some place. I guess it's penultimate since there'll probably be only one more major improvement if I ever get to working on this again.

I guess you could say this is a decent test of some of the immediate loops present in the Reason 3 library via the Combinator device. (Actually, everything you hear is from a Combinator). Much of the progression is based off the rhythm and pitch of the "Lantern" loop that you hear in the beginning and ending. The song is a bit random in places, like with the ending, and the bells in the 2nd+3rd sections, and some of the monk chants. Though if you really want to know about random, the wood-blocky offbeat melody carrier in the last section is full of it. Every time you press the key it's a random rhythm and pitch.

I've tried to make a couple game remixes (Xenosaga III, FF12, SMRPG), but never finished any of them, so I thought I'd put this here! The main reason I'm creating music is because I found this site all those years ago, anyway. On an off note, you could say the sound of this piece is inspired by the sounds of Silent Hill, but there are other reasons, too.