*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Aeris Rearranged'

djpretzel

Red flags went up when I read the description as it made the song sound like just a repeat of what you hear in the OST. And that's what it is, mostly. Though I must admit, I enjoyed the artistic liscences taken with the song. The other problem, though, is that the samples here sound like ass. The strings have much too sharp of an attack. And the piano... well, I can't put my finger on what's wrong with it (maybe another judge can help out), but it ruins the mix for me. If this had amazing, or even good, samples, I would post it in a heartbeat. But as it is, I'm gonna have to say NO

I'm kinda surprised at everyone's votes. Not what, but they voted, but why. I thought everything sounded great...except for the static. I figure that's a result of the encoded bitrate.

I say bump the bitrate up to 128 or maybe even 160 (the song is short enough whereas you could get away with it). The only ONLY ONLY thing holding this back for me is the sound quality overall. I gotta say no for the moment, but if you can get that bitrate up, rest assured that this song has my vote (even if it is more "FF crap" :P )