OCR00735 - Star Ocean: The Second Story "Rena Lanford of Arlia Village"

orkybash

Star Ocean: The Second Story 'Rena Lanford of Arlia Village'

A fast made techno shit if I ever heard one! :D (Old-timers should get the joke). But seriously, I am always awed by the perfection Dale North always seems to achieve in arranging *and* producing a song, and this is no exception. If you don't download this, I will personally come to your house and flog you. Don't think I don't know where you live!

This mix is absolutely beautiful, enough said. The first minute seems to be my favorite part, and I love how the strings build up. Dale really does a great job building such a great atmosphere. I don't know how he does it. Another point of interest are the pianos scattered throughout the piece. I love that filter he has over them - I just love it. There's nothing bad I can say about this mix, no matter how hard I try. Good stuff ^^

Truely out of all the orchestral pieces this one is as crystal clear and perfect as it gets. Having played the game, i cant seem to express how well this relates to the game, i feel as if this should've made it to the OSV in some more tragic parts of the game, having never really beat the game itself, i feel sorry about it. But this is seriously a great mix

The calm clarinet in the intro, the beautifull string accompaniement, the piano solo, more strings, this folks is probably #2 in the top10 best soft OC ReMixes, and #1 in all the orchestral ones.

Dale, you win the orchestral #1, hands down, all competition is nearly useless ..

Beautifull piece, well mastered, and crystal clear sounds.

A must have.

Not bad.

Could you be more specific? I'm curious at what you think about it quite a bit. Why? You're an orchestral guy, and you saying "Not bad" about this mix makes sparks fly.

Calm down and don't get your knickers in a twist. As with some of mine and some of Dale's songs, you really can't say a lot about them. It's beautiful, soothing, and peaceful with still maintaining an instensity hidden underneath the simple layers he's used. Some songs just speak for themselves and don't need words.

Dale knows what I think about his songs even if I don't know what his opinion of myself is. "Not bad." is an oxymoron -- the day Dale North writes something bad will be the day I die of a heart attack. I've always had a bit of admiration for Dale and probably always will in the future.

Sorry if I'm snippy but I've got a lot going on right now and I don't need someone double guessing my comments on someone else's works. Besides, Dale would haven't undoubtably guessed what it meant as he is currently planning on being a hybrid of John Williams/Jerry Goldsmith.

Right Dale? :P

*winks*

HA! Wow and damn guys.

Thanks so much.

Hey, is it taboo to respond to praise/reviews/critism?

Watch me not care.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words peeps.

Russell. Simple layers? Cute :wink:

All my work is simple. There's no complexity to what I do as I very much dislike unnecessary complexity in music. That, and the fact that I suck. I'll leave that complex nonsense to the composers you've named here. LOL- I love the one and two word responses/reviews. I eat them up. There's no double guessing about them as I know exactly what they are. And also, I write bad stuff on a daily basis. Heart attack time!

You know I'm picking on you, right?

Thats also why I love Sakuraba's work. Simple and hella effective. A role model even.

peace

• 4 weeks later...

"Rena Lanford of Arlia Village" is beautiful. I'm glad to see Star Ocean 2 finally get some love at OCR. Motoi deserves it, that's for sure.

As a side note, has anyone heard Dale North's "Town" theme on the PMM album? Holy crap is that song good.

Massive, soundtrack quality goodness. It's halfway down in my playlist, but I always start from this song now. I play alot of Ultima Online, and this song is perfect for treks across Ilshenar and such. I really need an mp3 player in my truck so I can listen to this while driving to work. As a side note, McVaffe's Super Ghouls n' Ghosts Ice Mountain Symphony plays right after this. Its a good follow up.

• 2 months later...

Absolutely Amazing....

Star Ocean 2 has always been my favorite game, and Sakuraba my favorite composer. This song is incredibly beautiful, Its been awhile since an OCRemix struck a chord like 'Another Inspiration' did by Peeples. I wish more OCR composers would add to this already moving soundtrack.

Dale! Please do Nede! ^_^

Star Ocean 2 is my favorite game. I own the soundtrack and I adore the music. I awoke one morning to find a little SO2 remix on the site, I was overjoyed, so I downloaded it. I was overcome with emotion. The nostalgia and the just plain splendid work simply moved me, especially when the emotion of the song reaches its peak. Teary eyed and content, I enjoyed the rest of my day. Nuff said. Beautiful stuff. My hat is off to you.

-EX

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00735 - Star Ocean: The Second Story "Rena Lanford of Arlia Village"