Starcraft 2

Shadow Wolf

lets hope this game isn't in development hell, and then discontinued like SC:Ghost was...I was excited about that game until it got canceled. I remember they had screens, and movies for the game, but it never materialized. I am waiting till I can see some actual gameplay footage before I make up my mind...

I'm sure millions of people are pissing themselves with excitement right about now. I however, do not a have a level of excitement that might cause me to relieve myself in my shorts. Played the first game, and just didn't find it to be the godsend so many claim it to be. It was a fun enough game, but in truth, I had a lot more enjoyment from WarCraft III and Diablo II. Regardless, there are a lot of happy people now (who will likely be waiting a very long time yet), and I'm happy for them.

As I said on .org, wake me if they announce Diablo III.

I'm sure millions of people are pissing themselves with excitement right about now. I however, do not a have a level of excitement that might cause me to relieve myself in my shorts. Played the first game, and just didn't find it to be the godsend so many claim it to be. It was a fun enough game, but in truth, I had a lot more enjoyment from WarCraft III and Diablo II. Regardless, there are a lot of happy people now (who will likely be waiting a very long time yet), and I'm happy for them.

As I said on .org, wake me if they announce Diablo III.

something tells me that those of us waiting for Diablo III could be waiting just as long as the people who were waiting for SC2

I'm with Coop on this one, except change WCIII to WCII. I really don't care much for sci-fi stuff, so this doesn't benefit me at all :\ Oh well.

WarCraft II was a good game as well. The settings, vehicles and personality touches put into some of the character voices put it above SC for me as well.

RepressedChaos- As Metallica once said, "You know it's sad, but true".

StarCraft always will be the best as far as I'm concerned until they somehow top it with a sequel. I really hope they keep with the country music/rock motif that gave it such a great atmosphere.

The only reason why I think everyone would be a bit dampened by this news is that there are too many promising games coming out. I can name a few dozen without trying.

I know this may be a bit off tangent, but, seeing as lots of knowledgeable Starcraft fans are here; I'm just wondering, does anyone know / remember the NAME of the Starcraft-Warcraft Total conversion using the Warcraft III engine, where both SC and WC3 was required? I remember it was impossibly to find on Google because it has a tricky name, and searching any sort of Starcraft 2 conversion comes up with that other abandoned Generals conversion.

Hearing about all this new Starcraft stuff makes me interested.. thanks if anyone knows. And you might be curious about it too, I guess.

Edit:

OMFG how could I have missed this:

fmv on youtube, actually works.

I love you. Been trying that Korean site for too long, and it was too slow for my tastes.

Thank. You.

I know this may be a bit off tangent, but, seeing as lots of knowledgeable Starcraft fans are here; I'm just wondering, does anyone know / remember the NAME of the Starcraft-Warcraft Total conversion using the Warcraft III engine, where both SC and WC3 was required?

Project Revolution, or something like that, I believe.