Remix Contest - Ca$h Prizes (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories)

Almasy Marquis

Hi.

I'll offer $75 to whoever creates the best remix of 'Graceful Assassin,' the final battle music from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. I'll also offer $50 to the second place winner. Payment will be sent out by personal checks personally by me.

The contest begins today and ends June 22 at 12:00 PM EST. I and a panel of three other judges will evaluate the songs and decide upon the winners. Any style of music will be accepted for the contest. A first place prize will be awarded to the only entrant if only one person enters, excepting "joke" entries. The mix must be at least a minute and a half long. All submissions must be in digital format -- preferably MP3 or OGG, contact me about other options. The winner will be announced no later than June 29.

Submissions should be sent to mcleod.brendan@gmail.com.

http://www.almasymarquis.com/gracefulAssassin.jpg - This file is the original song. Right Click and Save As, and rename the file extension to .mp3

I probably wouldnt have set this up as a competition. Request forums are good for this kinda thing, with a title like 'Kingdoms Hearts I'l pay $$$$' and put details in there. I'm thinking bout remixing it, but I wouldnt accept cash, but I also dont have alot of time (work n all)

Good luck with this though.

Hello:

This is actually a cross-post from a competition I'm holding at the OneUp boards. I cross-posted here and at VGMix to maximize the pool of potential players. I'm new to these boards and so if this isn't the right forum for competitions then I'll have it moved elsewhere. ... but this forum is called "competitions" so I'm guessing I'm in the right spot.

My efforts to "buy" remixes have always met with failure -- none of the mixers I hold in enough esteem to ask have ever given me a glimmer of hope that I could purchase specific remixes of tracks. This sort of thing is a combination of "getting to hear a song of my choice remixed" and "giving someone a chance at some cash!" It's fun and it works out well for everybody.

Thanks! Here's hoping you enter!

Hello:

This is actually a cross-post from a competition I'm holding at the OneUp boards. I cross-posted here and at VGMix to maximize the pool of potential players. I'm new to these boards and so if this isn't the right forum for competitions then I'll have it moved elsewhere. ... but this forum is called "competitions" so I'm guessing I'm in the right spot.

My efforts to "buy" remixes have always met with failure -- none of the mixers I hold in enough esteem to ask have ever given me a glimmer of hope that I could purchase specific remixes of tracks. This sort of thing is a combination of "getting to hear a song of my choice remixed" and "giving someone a chance at some cash!" It's fun and it works out well for everybody.

Thanks! Here's hoping you enter!

I'm under the impression that you also did not get permission from TO or Doulifee to open this thread, hence a breach of the Competitions forum rules and the probable removal of this thread.

Sorry, but thems the rules.

I'm under the impression that you also did not get permission from TO or Doulifee to open this thread, hence a breach of the Competitions forum rules and the probable removal of this thread.

Sorry, but thems the rules.

Not stepping over Douli or TO's toes, but this is fine. It wouldn't be the first competition of this type originating from the OneUp Studios boards. And keep it mind, it IS a competition. He's asking for everyone to compete in order to win the prize.

Let it ride, I say.

Also, if anyone has qualms about a cash prize, either request Almasy to donate it to a charity of your choice, or donate the money yourself.

Also, if anyone has qualms about a cash prize, either request Almasy to donate it to a charity of your choice, or donate the money yourself.

If I win, I'l donate the money to Liontamer for a YES vote (btw, the Scumball song IS progressing, I'l PM it to ya when I get it to a higher quality level)

Not stepping over Douli or TO's toes, but this is fine. It wouldn't be the first competition of this type originating from the OneUp Studios boards. And keep it mind, it IS a competition. He's asking for everyone to compete in order to win the prize.

Let it ride, I say.

i saw the thread yesterday. i though to let it roll. Now that i know it's also a cross-board competition i don't see problem there indeed. Time for extra cash guy if your short on money.http://www.oneupstudios.com/boards/showthread.php?t=4383

• 2 weeks later...