Question on viewing threads: post order backwards?

Jaybell

Before I registered on these forums, when I would read threads, then it would show posts chronologically from top to bottom, and from the first page to the last. Ever since I registered, it's been reversed, and now the earliest post is at the bottom of the last page, with the latest post being at the top of the first page.

Is there any way to change it back to the way it was before? Like, an option I'm overlooking? I prefer it the old way.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Whenever I'm logged in the posts appear backwards when I'm viewing a thread, so last post is first and first post is at bottom of page. But if I log out everything returns to normal. Can someone help me fix this?

Edit: nvm just found another post with this problem and fixed it.

Frankly, I don't mind the ass-backwards way it's set up. I can read the most recent posts without wading through posts and pages I've already visited and read.

I suppose it's set the other way upon logout because vBulletin assumes that because you are logged out, you are new, and want to read the first post as the first page.

That, and I guess it's easier to distribute non-member advertisements.

I Dunno. I'm rather used to this recent first view, so i will have to be conditioned if other forums do not use this method by default.