OCR01581 - Final Fantasy V "Dark Butz"

Wow this is great stuff! How haven't there been more comments on this? It is one of my new favorite remixes ever. It's just so catchy!

Yeah, not to slight Derek & Jeremy's piece, but I was disappointed in the lack of reviews as well. Can't help but think that if this was labeled Zelda 3 (the other corresponding game in the arrangement) then this would have gotten more attention. That's just the nature of the unwashed masses.

I really hope more people, especially lurkers, can come on board and comment on this one. It's definitely a unique piece relative to others on the site, and AeroZ's a name to watch.

Hmmm this was an interesting mix. At first the Chiptune-ish aspect of it was a turn off, which was surprising since I am a huge fan of Mazedude and Shnab... But eventually this grew on me.

Honestly though I consider this to be more of a Zelda remix, just because I really didn't hear too many references to the FF5 piece. It was a good mesh of the two, but for me I was definately feeling the Zelda-ness of it more.

I actually saved this directly to my hard drive before even listening to it, by pure virtue of it being a Final Fantasy V mix (I rarely save mixes btw, period). And I was not disappointed. I also happen to be a big fan of mashup-style mixes (as evidenced by "Koopa vs. Kefka" ;) ), so this was a bit of a treat for me. I am slightly disappointed AeroZ didn't use the second half of the theme, but what's there is awesome as is. The ending didn't bother me at all, seemed like a fitting full-circle reference to the intro of the mix.

Excellent work, hope to hear more.

Hi all,

Nice mix. Not exactly my style but really well put together. The beats were really bugging me because I was sure I'd heard them somewhere before and then I figured it out - Linkin Park's "Cure for the Itch".

Perhaps I'm going mad as the songs sound nothing alike but hey - it's a good track!

cheers,

p.

• 8 months later...
I like Dark Butz and I cannot lie...
You otha brothas can't deny
When a girl walks in with a... oh never mind. Anyways, I love this song, it made me check out AeroZ's other remixes, which were all just as awesome, especially "Wicked N Floating." I'm anxious to hear more from him.

• 1 month later...

THE KING!!! of Sweden!!

This is a pretty sweet mix that combines a nice chiptune sound with some powerful percussion. A great benefit of chiptunes is that it's very easy to get a nice separated sound between the elements, so you can really pack in the counterpoint without things sounding too busy, and Sebastian has a ton going on at once. Thankfully, the track keeps it's focus throughout, and there are always new sounds and textures coming around.

The ending is a bit abrupt, but it works in the context, and while this isn't my favorite AeroZ track, it is very strong and well worth the download. Check it out!

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Right out of the gate, this has very similar instrumentation to your first. Cool sound with the chip tune synths. Progression follows a similar feel to your first mix: a track that is driven by a chiptune synth and pumping drums. The breakdown is a nice dynamic shift. The dissonance is a good touch as well. While I do like the chiptune sound, I would love to hear another, non chiptune synth in there, but that's personal preference. Ending was a little abrupt but not a deal breaker at all!

• 6 years later...

Nice use of chiptune, everything cuts through and sounds in its place. I like when things get a bit chaotic at 1:13, adds a nice touch of darkness. 2:25, the percussion adds a lot of color to the more simplistic melodic stuff, sounds neat. Nice twisted work!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01581 - Final Fantasy V "Dark Butz"
  • 5 years later...