OCR00751 - Final Fantasy VIII "Desperados"

orkybash

Final Fantasy VIII 'Desperados'

Cool. I don't like the intro that much, but one the remix gets going its better. Something's still wrong with it, though...

After listening through it, I think it's the mixing. You can hardly hear anything other than the drums, the bass, and that first synth loop that comes in. Which isn't bad, it just means that it's repetitive.

I'm liking the break in the middle, though.

Overall, I kinda like this, but kinda feel like it could use some more work. If I could dance without embarrassing myself, I would definitely be dancing to this mix. It's not the kind of thing I'd just listen to sitting down though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Around 1995, 1996 this sort of music was *very* popular in the Netherlands. The hit lists were filled with it. You call it techno, we called it (happy) hardcore.

...I just wanted to say that if this remixn had been released back then, Standby had gotten VERY rich.

Wow, this remix totally rocks my world. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
:) Kickass remix....just BRING OUT THE STRINGS!!!! The synth was the best part in the original. Happy hardcore suits this song perfectly. Sounds almost Dune-inspired (dune as in Hardcore Vibes, not Arrakis). Slick DnB and Snare programming. JUST BRING OUT THE SYNTH!!!! please. One more version and it'll be perfect...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The problem with Desperados, as you all have said, is that the beat and some of the synths are loud, while other synths and such are too soft. So, to truly appreciate this, you have to really crank it, prefferably on headphones. It's one of my favorite OC remixes... Huge props to the maker.

• 2 months later...

Full throttle dudes! Techno as fast as you can get it anywhere. The beats just explode in your face accompanied with many different synths, an arrangement that even if you don´t like it, your leg will still shake it with the rhytm.

Overhelming techno stuff from Stanby, at maximum velocity.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Man with a Machine Gun is one of my favorite songs ever made by Nobou Uematsu, and me being a Nobou Uematsu fan makes that a big deal. This THE favorite mix of Nobou Uematsu's songs of mine, and me bing a Nobou Uematsu fan makes that a big deal. The slow start gives you a delusion and all of the sudden BAM, PIMPSLAPPED, you break into a hardcore beat. I LOVE YOU STANDBY!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00751 - Final Fantasy VIII "Desperados"