StutterEdit?

Personally, I really won't. I think its much more interesting to do it myself.

Besides, I can't really see a "good" outcome from the release... Everyone is just going to make glitched-out songs with no real substance, exceedingly easily, and then start calling it "L33T SK177Z R3M1X G71TCHZ" and there's gonna be even more crap out there than there is now.

No offense to BT, since I practically worship the guy, but I don't think the program is going to have a good impact on the music community. The whole point of glitching in the first place was that it was interesting when done sparingly. Hearing the same sound glitched for 3 minutes isn't interesting or music.

I don't mean to sound pretentious or pessimistic, but I've already heard a LOT of songs where glitching is taken WAY out of context and it sounds quite terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love glitchy sexiness, but I think a lot of the people that are going to buy the program are the ones that already do it too much.

Besides, I can't really see a "good" outcome from the release... Everyone is just going to make glitched-out songs with no real substance, exceedingly easily, and then start calling it "L33T SK177Z R3M1X G71TCHZ" and there's gonna be even more crap out there than there is now.

Exactly. Thanks a lot BT, you loser!

Kidding! I love BT. You can put away those knives now. :neutral:

Glitching is cool, but its already pretty played out. It can definitely be used to cool effect, but the artist has got to use it in the RIGHT context now. You gotta be careful. It's like autotuning vocals...wait is that ever cool now?

The cool thing about BT's StutterEdit is that it does all kinds of exponential time variances and shit I think.

BT can use it all he wants - he basically MADE the style.

• 3 years later...

Wow, you just rolled a 6-1. You have successfully cast "thread resurrection" :)

Yeah, stutter edit looks cool, but It's not really priority for me because 1) I already use Glitch and The Finger and 2) I'm not sure I'd have a super serious use for it at the moment and 3) I'm poor and have too many thing higher up on my list to buy first ;)

Wow, you just rolled a 6-1. You have successfully cast "thread resurrection":)

Yeah I know right! Was just going through my subscriptions and it was there. What timing.

Well I look forward to ReMixers eventually using it. It would sound incredible. I could already imagine like Star Fox and Metroid ReMixes being stuttered.

:D