OCR00780 - *YES* King of Fighters '96 'Psycho Rave'

djpretzel

ok, the lead IS loud, but I wouldn't say it's TOO loud... well maybe a little. Also I wonder why this is called psycho trance. Is it because only a psycho would consider it trance? I don't know. Not really my call. I'm just a caveman...

Anyway, I'm going to say NO for the following reasons:

1) Very cluttered

2) Doesn't hold interest

Though the piano part reminds me a little of the pancake chef's spekio beach party, it doesn't have that finesse. I tried to stay away from styles I couldn't do based on the sounds I had, but I notice a lot of people will, instead of working with what they have to the best of ITS ability, will try and do something that just doesn't work with the sounds they have. But the main part of this song seems VERY overcrowded, like some sort of inner city housing project, and I don't think I can listen to it again, to be quite honest. Maybe it's because I've just listened to 6 straight mixes and this is the second to last one that I have to review, or maybe it's because of the reasons already stated, but I can't give this one a yes in good conscience.

DC

All I can say is wow - The intro totally lured me into this mix. Love how the mix contrasts itself from the beginning to only 30 seconds in. And, at 2:00, I just totally love how the choir mixes in so nicely with the energetic electronica instruments. This mix is totally different than anything else I've heard. Definitely a YES without a single doubt.

Well I'm kinda liking this so far actually.

I haven't heard the lead that you guys are complaining about yet. Er, oh there it is I think.. that sure is odd sounding isn't it?

It sounds like it's got some weird delay on it, that just makes it sound really horribly off to me. But as I've said about many mixes, I think this will be enjoyed by the populace.

Vote: Yes.