MIDI Search!

Manji

I was wondering if anyone can help me out- I'm trawling t'internet to see if I can find a midi of the main theme of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for possible adaptation with my current band. Basically, I'm planning to import the midi into my tablature/scoring program so I can work out guitars and drums and various other heavy metal elements for it ^_^

So far I've had no luck- does anyone a) possess such a midi (the track is called 'Reign of the Septims' if that helps) or B) know where such a midi might be found? Thanks in advance! ^_^

I was wondering if anyone can help me out- I'm trawling t'internet to see if I can find a midi of the main theme of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for possible adaptation with my current band. Basically, I'm planning to import the midi into my tablature/scoring program so I can work out guitars and drums and various other heavy metal elements for it ^_^

So far I've had no luck- does anyone a) possess such a midi (the track is called 'Reign of the Septims' if that helps) or B) know where such a midi might be found? Thanks in advance! ^_^

You guys don't have the skills to write it out yourselves? Especially since Reign of the Septims is based very heavily on Nerevar Rising (Morrowind's title theme)?

Well, I meant it wasn't composed solely in midi like some older games, so you can't find the original midi file anywhere. ^_^

Oh, and Kanthos- this is just an idea that I've personally had right now, I haven't discussed it with the others. Also, thanks for putting me down- while I could write it out myself, logic dictates that if there's an easier way to do something you take the easier way. Finding a midi will eliminate a lot of hard work. I wouldn't be in a band if I didn't have any musical transcription/composition skills. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to put you or your band down in any way. I just think that Reign of the Septims is an easy enough tune that it seems like overkill to write something out explicitly as opposed to playing it by ear first and sketching out an arrangement with your band and then writing something down (whether notes/parts or just a text-based sketch of how the piece would work). Also, there are tons of people in bands who can't read music; both my brothers are fantastic guitarists, but one can only read tabs and chord charts, not actual music. Theory knowledge and reading music will make you a more knowledgeable musician, but not necessarily a better one. As for my comment, all I meant was that especially since you can't seem to find a MIDI but you do have the Morrowind theme, turning one into the other wouldn't be that hard.

Fair enough, no offense taken ^_^ Thanks for the suggestions- although I generally work by tabbing stuff out explicitly, learning it off by heart then playing the guitar parts to the others for us to then build something up, I reckon I'll try a different approach.

I was thinking primarily of using the song as an intro track- so it starts with the normal song (playing on the PA or something) for the big chords, then when it breaks into the melody line the band comes in with a bang. It'd be a good start to the show :D

There's a significant difference between midi and module.

Conversion from a module file to a midi file isn't trivial.

but Oblivion didn't use mod music?????

The Oblivion OST is still synthetic but not like that :P

anyway, Morrowind midis will probably have some of the original melodies you hear in Oblivion so you can kinda use those.

• 10 months later...