"leave remainder" suddenly doesn't work

Mia

For some reason, now when I export a pattern or song with it set on 'leave remainder,' it.. doesn't leave the remainder.

It still acts slightly differently from cut remainder in that it leaves a split second of remainder, but essentially it cuts the remainder off.

Here's an example:

pattern of four kick drum sounds with a classic delay set on 3/8, exported on leave remainder:

http://members.cox.net/recklessgint/untitled.mp3

and here's an export where I dragged the last brick out to 4 measures in order to demonstrate roughly how it should have sounded:

http://members.cox.net/recklessgint/untitled2.mp3

Anyone have any clue what's wrong?

I've been having the same problem lately and it's been driving me crazy. I've just ended up adding an extra measure at the end of each clip just to make sure it doesn't cut off. I don't remember when this started happening, but it may have been with FL Studio 7.

EDIT:

I think I found the answer (on the fl studio forums, imagine that). Try turning off Smart Disable for the track you're rendering. Apparently, it cuts off the track after a certain amount of time rather than letting long reverbs hold out.

Thanks, but I actually already found that, and it's not my current problem. Smart disable has always been well, disabled for me.

I'm experiencing something a little different- a more or less immediate cut-off of effects (it'll let long samples ring out, but not echoes/reverbs, etc.). And.. these various web forum searches have led me to the statements that FL7 works this way, or that it's always worked this way, but.. I really could have sworn I used to use leave remainder successfully to let reverbs ring out.

Take an empty pattern and place it a bar or two after the song's end on the playlist.

I have always done this, except in songs where I intend to cut remainder.

It just makes exporting patterns that I want to ring out a little annoying, I have to open up a piano roll and select X measures.

Mostly what I'm looking for here is if someone can confirm that it's always worked this way, and I must be tripping to think otherwise. That, or a fix to the "problem."