OC ReMix @ Otakon: Site Staff Presents Panel on Video Game Music ReMixing

djpretzel

2007-7-21otakon067.jpg

Our own Starla (Injury) also cosplayed. Gorgeous.

2007-7-21otakon070.jpg

Panoramic! At the Dealers Room, while djp and Lion met with Piano Squall.

2007-7-21otakon085.jpg

Sorry, but these half-naked t-shirt ninjas kill me.

2007-7-22otakon019.jpg

At the concert hall, before Eminence performed. I was flanked by Jarel (Arrowned) and Kroze. Every other picture here sucked without a flash, so wait for Kroze's videos, and remind me to get a tripod for next time.

The rest of the pics are below:

2007-7-21#010

2007-7-21#017

2007-7-21#023

2007-7-22#013

End OCR Meetup

MIDIMan, it was great meeting you... wish we had the chance to talk more! I'm not sure if you caught this but I do pro audio stuff as well so I love talking tech.

Jose; fantastic pics!!! I love 'em. You really did an awesome job of capturing the crowd vibe.

Dyne; The room SEATING capacity is 750. Even though we had empty seats, I don't believe they were more than 1/3 empty, if you look at some of those pics. My guess is ~500-600 people.

The Cosplay

Anyone who thinks this stuff is sad can move on from here, but I love it, even if I'm not crazy enough to do it myself. Yet.

2007-7-20otakon011.jpg

Here comes da Dee Jay!!

2007-7-20otakon013.jpg

I, of course, asked him if people requested to stomp all over him, and he, of course, answered, "all the time."

2007-7-20otakon024.jpg

Stuff gets complex, dunnit?

2007-7-20otakon091.jpg

Well, maybe cosplay's a little sad.

And finally...

The Audio

Music captured from the incredible Eminence show after Kroze's cam battery went kaput.

CLIP #1

Oh, yes, they went there: Mitsuda's "Radical Dreamers."

CLIP #2

They said this encore piece needed no introduction. Please excuse the giddiness you hear from me.

CLIP #3

One more encore. And we all expected "One Winged Angel."

End Audio

I'm all done now. Whew. What an awesome weekend.

Yeah, considering that people were lining the back *and* sides at this panel, I think 500-600 is a very realistic estimate. Woowheeeeeee! Great pics, José! Dyne sent me his (and he had a lot), so I'll post some highlights from him.

The VGL slide - look at how dwarfed we are by that screen o_O

01slide.jpg

zircon and DJP improvising some VG tunes, and José playing air guitar from the side!

02improv.jpg

PosiBolt, Kroze, and injury looking at movie footage

03movie.jpg

Check out the tattoo on Eric (from Mad-Gear!)

04tattoo.jpg

MIDIMan, it was great meeting you... wish we had the chance to talk more! I'm not sure if you caught this but I do pro audio stuff as well so I love talking tech.

Jose; fantastic pics!!! I love 'em. You really did an awesome job of capturing the crowd vibe.

Dyne; The room SEATING capacity is 750. Even though we had empty seats, I don't believe they were more than 1/3 empty, if you look at some of those pics. My guess is ~500-600 people.

Awesome. I'm very happy to hear that. I can't wait for next 'con. :D

Here are a handful of the photos I managed to get:

Pixietricks + Zircon performing 7YearsBroken

Improv Mix: (1) (2)

I was also chasing a few of the Phoenix Wright group(s) for some more photos:

Gumshoe, Gant, and the Blue Badger

pw-objection2bt.jpg pw-objection1bt.jpg

Excuse the low quality of a few of these; during the performance I was a bit averse to using flash or the red-eye flash. KF

Wow, you were sitting like one row up and a few seats left of me! Nice.

Hey OC Remix! I absolutely love this sight. I use this music all the time when I work out. just wanted to say I hated to miss the panel at Otakon, but I was in line for registration. Though I saw some of you at the Eminence/Sakimoto Q & A. Are you guys coming back next year? I would love to come to a panel and meet some of you guys. Thanks!

Hey OC Remix! I absolutely love this sight. I use this music all the time when I work out. just wanted to say I hated to miss the panel at Otakon, but I was in line for registration. Though I saw some of you at the Eminence/Sakimoto Q & A. Are you guys coming back next year? I would love to come to a panel and meet some of you guys. Thanks!

Hey bro, sorry you missed the panel this year, as we definitely had it pretty early, both this year and last. We'll see what we can do about a Saturday time next year so that fans don't risk being stuck in line at the start of the con. Otakon is a must every year for us now, so we'll definitely be there next year.