The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

hey everyone! I'm new here! I found this site searching for jade cocoon songs. so far it seems like everyone is pretty cool! :D I posted all my info on my profile... I actually put time in it! so if u want to know more about me u can read it or message me!

also welcome everyone els that is new!

hey everyone! I'm new here! I found this site searching for jade cocoon songs. so far it seems like everyone is pretty cool! :D I posted all my info on my profile... I actually put time in it! so if u want to know more about me u can read it or message me!

also welcome everyone els that is new!

Yeah, um, messaging new members is kinda creepy.

Still, well met and well come to OverClocked land.

Hi everyone,

I go by the game MeleeGurl online, feel free to short form it pretty much any way you like. I don't mind nicknames at all, though mostly I get called Melee.

I have been a fan of OC ReMix for quite some time now. My MP3 player is loaded with tracks from several of the artists here and I am a big fan of the Voices of the Lifestream Album. I myself am a vocalist with a wide range and since I have a deep passion for game music I decided I wanted to get into the act myself. I have done two recordings so far of Final Fantasy songs which you can check out on my Youtube Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MeleeGurl

They go under the titles of "1000 Words" and "Kiss me Goodbye with Vocals". I did both of these songs with the aid of Piano Squall's recordings from his CD GAME.

Though both of those songs have a more contemporary feel to them I can handle many different kinds of music including opera.

My history with game music goes pretty far back to when I could first pick up a controller and play video games. I personally believe that music is the soul of a game and can make or break everything in the game surrounding it. My favorite composers at this time are Nobuo Uematsu and Yoko Shimomura. From these two names I am sure that most of you can figure out that I am a huge Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. One of my favorite composers from series outside of those two games is Motoi Sakuraba.

Part of my reasons for joining OC Re Mix are three projects that have been floating around in my head. I would like to do the vocals for three different song remixes and yet I do not have the means to remix the actual music. I am wondering if someone would like to do a collaborative piece with myself on either one or all three of these songs.

Here's the list of songs that I would like to work on:

"Why" Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (An English version of the song)

The song from the Final Fantasy XIII Versus Trailer, it is in latin. I'm sure that most of you know which song it is.

"Sanctuary" from Kingdom Hearts II

If anyone would like to work on one of these peices with me please feel free to message me I will be more then happy to discuss it.

I am also open for collaboration on vocals for almost any remix. I am very willing when it comes to singing and I know pretty much all game music. So if you have a request please drop me a message and I'd love to talk with you about it.

Hello, my name is Ifey, and I just joined as of a couple of minutes ago...

I have to say, hands down, this is one of the best music sites out there, it can give itunes a run for its money, or lack thereof....

I just felt compelled to join because I have downloaded so many remixes from this site, it's not even funny...

As of late, my favorite tracks are "Fading Entity" and "JENOVA Celestial" from the VOTL album, "Above the Rising Falls" from the KH series, and "Master Emerald" from Sonic series. These songs are such awesome ear candy when I play this through my subs in my car...

Pure Awesomeness!

Hiya all! I'm useless at greeting posts, so I'll just say...

I'm Sivvus, I'm a clarinettist from the UK and I've been listening to Remixes for years... now I'm doing an A-Level music Technology course and I've really got in to doing orchestral arrangements on Cubase, and become much more interested in the process of making them! :) Haven't done any good remixes yet, but that won't stop me talking! ;)

Hello!

I've been a fan for a few years now, and decided I'd really ought to follow the forums better. ;-)

I sing, but really don't have access to a good way to record any vocals (outside of a microphone hooked up to a computer in a mostly empty room), but I could pinch hit in an emergency. :-)

Hello, I'm Godah, I like a lot the remixes I found about games. today I I have decided to register here. I discovered this webpage some years ago, maybe 3, and I think it is one of the most important sources of music I have, really I love a large number of remixes I have seen here. My greetings to everyone. Also, two purposes encouraged me:

1.Training my english, I'm a spanish student of English Phylology and I hope that this forum will entertain and improve my english as well ^^

2.It's obvious! Enjoying the remixes that great remixers do. I have been discovering without pause remixes and remixes which have won a little space in my heart :P And to meet "in person" the remixers ..wow that is amazing haha

Pts_ohnoes.gif And please understand that it will be normal if I don't speak perfect english, I have a lot to improve!! haha

hello you wonderful people,

Im new to this place, so i would just like to introduce myself:

My name is Christopher Carvalho and i am a Sound Design student @ the Uni of Hertfordshire, UK.

My involvement in music started when i was 15, dicking around with various software programs,

i have since studied music tech and started learning electric guitar,

my strong points are sampling and synthesis, but i am trying to broaden my knowledge with conventional approaches to music compositon/production.

I would love to discuss all that is musical with musicians of any kind,

thank you for this wonderful place,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Taria, and I'm amarriedmegaphone's wife.

He is happy I'm posting, tho he is a bit of a backseat poster.

"No, don't use comic sans, -that font's too big...don't let anyone get you mad...blah, blah, blah." =) I love 'im.

My last forum experience was a Star Wars forum in early 2000...I was obsessed with SW at 13. My hook was Darthjade, among other things.

Pr'oly won't be on here as much as hubby, but I'll be around. -Taria

My name is Taria, and I'm amarriedmegaphone's wife.

He is happy I'm posting, tho he is a bit of a backseat poster.

"No, don't use comic sans, -that font's too big...don't let anyone get you mad...blah, blah, blah." =) I love 'im.

My last forum experience was a Star Wars forum in early 2000...I was obsessed with SW at 13. My hook was Darthjade, among other things.

Pr'oly won't be on here as much as hubby, but I'll be around. -Taria

I see you both have the same screen-naming sense.

Hey

I've become a fan of this site because recently I have a huge interest in music, videogame music especially.

I started a couple months ago arranging sheet music of themes from various games, and now I want to take the next step and begin remixing some of those songs. I feel ocremix is a very encouraging and comfortable environment to be a part of.

woo!

Hey all.

Not new to the site, but a new member to the forums. I've been listening to Remixes for about four years now and they still fill me with inspiration everytime I hear them. Hope to get along with everyone and help as many people as I can with as much (or as little) as I know. Thanks guys!

I overlooked this thread by accident, but whatever. I'm Bobby Pfeifer aka Takero, and I'm kind of like the guy who posted before me in that I've been listening for about 3 or 4 years, but I never joined the forums. I decided that I would, and now I'm here!

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking around the OCR forums off and on since 2002. I've had a few account names over the years, due to not remembering who I was or what my pass was, but none were ever important. Anyways I joined up this time in hopes of working with some people on remixing some songs. I figure there's gotta be at least one person around here who can lay down some funky beats and wants a little sax lovin' too. I play "professionally" (as professinal as one can get in a boring, cultureless, small town) so I can definitely hold my own. I'm not very music software savvy, but I figure with the youtube and all the intarwebz guides, I can learn. I have some gear, but I don't know if it works well for what I want to do here or not. Well, that's it for me. Later.

Hi, I'm a new member of these forums, but I've been getting music of here for ages.. even downloaded three of the torrents.

I decided to join the forums as part of a plan to eventually geet some guys over to a project I'm helping with.... but that's later.

Hey guys, just dropping in to say "Hi".

I'm currently working on a Katamari Damacy track and a Pokemon Red/Blue track too.

Hopefully I will finish them soon and get them up on here, so I thought I might as well register on the forum first to see if I can get any ideas for more tracks or get people interested in a collaboration for something.