The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

Hello everyone! Decided to join up after attending the "Getting Lucky" Panel at MAGFest 12, been around games and music all my life (I'm 32, yes I am pretty old). Most of my music playing revolved around hardcore punk, rock, metal. The last few years has been spent thinking and talking about doing something along the lines of what i really wanted musically (electronic, hip hop, chip) it wasn't until recently that I finally got serious about it. I hope to come here make friends and music and try my hand at remixing. Can't wait to share stuff in the future and listen to what everyone else has to share.

Hello OC Remix! I'm Sonicrida and decided to join on the advice of Benjamin Briggs and beatdrop after talking to them at magfest 12! I've been the occasional lurker here throughout the years and have loved video game music for basically my entire life. Going to the video game dj battle pushed me to actually learn to make the music that I love so much.

My musical history isn't too large. I played piano/violin/drums/guitar at various points in highschool. Later on, I picked up a midi keyboard but it became a thing that I played around with without using too much. And now here I am starting to learn FL Studio. I expect this to be a fun journey!

Howdy, I'm KevRyan and I'm a Compositor, 3D Modeller and occasional DJ from Dublin, Ireland. I've been a huge fan of OCR for a number of years, enjoying the various album releases (Voices of the Lifestream for a start) while I work and often using some of my favorite individual tracks in DJ sets at Irish Anime/Gaming Conventions. OCR tracks go down incredibly well on the party nights leading to rooms full of dancing cosplayers. An image that will be with me to the grave.

Last year I came into some money and bought myself the full Ableton Suite along with Zbrush with the hope that having made the investment would force me to learn and master them. Although in an unexpected and not exactly unwelcome twist of fate, I started getting studio work doing nothing related to music or 3D modelling...and I got lazy.

So I join today in the hope that I can create some remixes of my own, getting honest and constructive feedback from a community I have immense respect for and hopefully, someday, having my work on the site making my Ableton investment worth it. :<

Cheers

KevRyan

Hi everyone. I'm Gromgora. I found this site about a year ago because of the web show extra credits. They had great music playing and the link they had went to ocremix and a song called monstrous turtles and I have been hooked ever since. I've been using the site for about a year now and decided to sign up. I don't know if I will post that often but its nice to have the option too. Looking forward to all the music to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, OCR. I've been a musician for most of my life (primary piano and vocals and later a bit of violin and guitar) and having somewhat recently found direction for my life, this is a cool community that I've known about for quite a while and I want to get involved with it. I've only really been dedicating a lot of time to digital audio/music production/composition in the past year or two, but I'm a fast learner and it's a lot of fun. I hope I'll have a good time here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

My name is Jason and I'm a professional musician in Ohio. I'm a big fan of the classic adventure games. I've always loved the music from those and others but have recently developed a new love of the chiptune style. This seems like a cool community and I look forward to getting to know people here!

Peace,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people. Although I've been remixing game music forever, I've just now joined here for some reason. Zerobeat by the way is the name. If you were lucky enough to get a hold of the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection CD's, you may have heard my music already. I was VERY blessed to have made it onto such a platform. Or maybe, they just wanted a Cody remix lol.

I look for to hopefully contributing and even more so, listening to what's up around here. Good day peeps.

Hi, I'm Tony and .. I'm an alcho...... Oh wait ... wrong room:)

anywho ... since the admin took the time to approve me, It's only right I give them the opportunity to regret it.

I'm a guitarist in a Catholic church, which means I really need a venue to use those skills I just cannot get away with on any given Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ocremixers

i've been a fan of ocremix for years (more years than you think) i've never really went into the irc channel and forums until recently and I started FINALLY remixing.

i'll be doing a few tf2 remixes and maybe start up a tf2 remix project album soon!

Just wanted to say hi to the community and expect some good remixes real soon!

as for my relevant background information:

I have play the violin for 5 years now

I manage 2 tf2 all girl gaming clan (yes i am a gamer girl and losing is not what we do)

my favorite remixers are(so far):

Darkesword

McVaffe

SirNutz

djpretzel

starblast

tefnek

thats about it i think so far

If you guys are interested in collabing too about tf2 remixes let me know!

Thanks!

-Lady Twiggy

Hello all you people! Welcome to OCR and, if you haven't already, make yourselves at home! It's great to have you all here and I can't wait to see you all around the forums (and maybe even seeing one of your remixes posted!).

Jason, you're aren't related to a Dustin Branscum are you?

Hello!

I just decided to register myself on this forum but I have known OC Remix for a while now. I'm not mainly a remixer though. Most of the time (actually daily) I compose. But I'm also capable of remixing. You'll probably only see me in the "Post Your Original Music!" threads. But I'm going to upload some of my Yume Nikki remixes too. I just sent one in and I hope it will get approved.

I'm not a native speaker by the way so it could be that I will make some grammatical or spelling mistakes. I apologize in advance.

More 'bout myself: Well, I guess I'm kind of an otaku. I love listening to japanese music and watching anime as well as playing JRPGs. I can play the tenorhorn (haven't found another translation for this instrument as of today), guitar, piano and flute and I'm trying to improve my composition skills so that I can earn money with composing one day.

Well, that's about it.

Have a nice day :D

~Fulminis

Hey OCR,

Been directed your way having just done a project of SEGA music covers. We (The Opus Science Collective) have all known about you guys for ages and have some of your albums. Massive admirers of everything OCR stands for. Somehow never occurred to us to actually join up on this forum though. I guess as our SEGA music stuff began life as a bit of fun to work on in downtime and by the time it was snowballing into a whole album, it had slipped our mind. But now a few people have told us we should get on over here, so Hello OCR we're OSC :grin:.

Will have a look around and get posting in the relevant sections.

See you on the boards,

OSC

Hello, everyone!

I have been a longtime fan of OverClocked Remix and its community of musicians, but I have reached a point where I very much now want to start participating. I have no formal musical training, but I just ordered a Yamaha P105B Digital Piano Keyboard with the intention of learning how to play it. Any friendly advice for newbies in regards to this?

Another semi-related question: Is there a list of of video game music piano arrangements that are relatively good pieces for beginners?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

KoopaKid here just found out about this website (kicking myself in the face.gif), and Im a producer for about 8 years now from memphis (like to say im from the MS River). Always loved video games and the music in them inspired me to create so sometimes I take from games I play. For some reason I can't sample or remix i until i beat it haha so still no skyrim lol(going on 3 years?). I'm more of a rap/hip hop producer but I have covered almost everything now, but I really love mixing video games and rap.

www.soundcloud.com/Koopakid93

Here are links to my video game remixes and samples:

Final Fantasy 8 - Find Your Way sample/remix:https://soundcloud.com/koopakid93/battleviii

Robocop (SNES): https://soundcloud.com/koopakid93/megaman

Okami (rough) : https://soundcloud.com/koopakid93/okami

I also have starfox 64, paper mario, mario tennis/golf, and super smash bros i will upload to OCR.

Can't wait to get active on the site and meet everyone and make some awesome remixes!

Hello everyone. Long time visitor of the site. Decided to finally sign up to leave some feedback for the artists. I have been enjoying this music for a while and feel leaving some fan boy giddiness is the least I can do to repay their hard work.

Just catching up on all these remixes now..

"I feel like a kid in some kind of store..."

Hello there!

I am also lurking this Site for quite some Time now, enjoying the Music. I am an almost 40 Year old Male from Germany, who listend to a lot of Music in his Life, but the Artists and Remixers on this Site never fail to impress me anew.

I am (what a surprise) a big Fan of Computer & Videogames and the related Soundtracks. I love RPGs most. From western oldschool Games like Might & Magic, Wizardry or Baldurs Gate to japanese RPGs like Suikoden, Wild Arms, Star Ocean etc.

I made Music myself some years ago, using Soundsamples from Games instead of Vocals, but i never really showed it to anyone. I think it was just not good enough, being a total Amateur and all.

What can i say more? Ah, yeah. My Level of Language isn't that elaborate. But i try my best to express myself, when giving Feedback to a Remixer. That is why i signed up in the first Place. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Um... Hi! So as you can see my name is David! And I've loved this place since the day I heard my first OC remix. So now that I have plans to make some Remixes of my own I thought I would not only join the forums, but also wright my first post after a few weeks or so. First off, yes, I do know I'm 13 and going to be 14 in June! But I'm pretty sure that if I make good music you guys will still accept me around here, Right? Anyways. I'm working on the lyrics for my first remix. And to boot, the melodies will be based on video game songs so I thought I should start posting here! So yeah they count as ReMixes, I think. Anyways, it's gonna be called "Shiny Hunter" and it will be a parody of "Vampire Killer" from the Castlevania games, the song will be about the task of "hunting" Shiny Pokémon (Google it you must) in the game "Pokémon Platinum" with the item called "Pokéradar". So that should be fun. And if you've tried to do that in Platinum you know how hard it is. Anyways, I don't have much more to say. So, bye.

Buongiorno, everyone!

I'll try to introduce myself with my usual "borrowed" tagline:

my name is Roberto but everybody calls me RoBKTA.

I was considering to join OCR in 2006 but I was too unsure about my skills and that. It took something like 8 years to overcome my fears, not bad huh? ^_^

Other than that, I've been making music since 2005 remixing VGM and especially Ridge Racer and Sonic The Hedgehog stuff. Lately I approached the chaps at the GameChops label that gave me the chance to release a Sonic remix album called "Club Needlemouse" and currently I'm working on an OutRun remix album we should release on June and a ton of other stuff :3

Anyway, it's a honor for me to be here and I'm looking forward to sharing some of my stuff with you and maybe making more friends! :grin:

Yours truly,

RoB, the man in blue

Buongiorno, everyone!

I'll try to introduce myself with my usual "borrowed" tagline:

my name is Roberto but everybody calls me RoBKTA.

I was considering to join OCR in 2006 but I was too unsure about my skills and that. It took something like 8 years to overcome my fears, not bad huh? ^_^

Other than that, I've been making music since 2005 remixing VGM and especially Ridge Racer and Sonic The Hedgehog stuff. Lately I approached the chaps at the GameChops label that gave me the chance to release a Sonic remix album called "Club Needlemouse" and currently I'm working on an OutRun remix album we should release on June and a ton of other stuff :3

Anyway, it's a honor for me to be here and I'm looking forward to sharing some of my stuff with you and maybe making more friends! :grin:

Yours truly,

RoB, the man in blue

OMG ROB, YOU'RE SUCH A NEWB.

Welcome to OCR, man :D

Hello,

I actually created an account back in 2002 but as you can see, I've only made 9 posts (most likely more than 10 years ago).

I really have no skills in music other than collecting video game music and running the gamemusic subreddit on Reddit.

I mainly just wanted to say hello and I like to talk video game music with anyone and everyone. Here's to happy listening!

Hey guys, name's 16note, real name Alex. I discovered this community via Extra Remix and I'm already in love with it. I'm a musician (pianist, primarily) and actually play with my college's Gamer Symphony Orchestra. Can't wait to get started on a project!