The Newbie Introduction Thread: Come on in and say hello!

Mahaboo

3 hours ago, Desperado said:

Greetings. Question: Is there a place here where you can post remixes that are not part of ocremix?

Regards

If they're your own: https://ocremix.org/community/forum/12-post-your-game-remixes/

If they're not your own and you're just sharing them: https://ocremix.org/community/forum/5-community/ 

• 3 months later...

Hey, my name's Daniel! I've been making remixes for a couple years now as a hobby and am looking to expand my horizons to other personal projects, collaborations and anything along those lines. I've played video games since my first Game Boy in the early 2000's with Tetris and Pokémon Yellow and absolutely adore video game OSTs. Hoping to find some great new people and some more awesome remixes!

• 4 months later...

Kweh! I didn't logged in here since the day I joined, so it's probably worth to finally say hello instead of leaving the profile in ghost mode.

I'm Unknown Pseudoartist but many people calls me just "UPA" as abbreviation. Most likely no one ever heard of me here but I'm infamously known in Dwelling of Duels, a monthly videogame music contest, for invading that place with weird shitposts using a silly vocal style to replace the main melody/leads (a vocal style that eventually was called as "chocobo vocals" or "birb noises").

It wasn't my intention to actually get into music making in a serious way, but just ruining other people's works to make people laught and help making this world a funnier place for everyone. However, my pseudomusic was unexpectedly warmly welcome to that place and eventually, as I got the support of so many kind and talented artists, I discovered that I can also make my own arrangements and cool stuff with it, and so I started trying serious stuff too that goes far awary from that silly shitpost thing I started doing 3 years ago.

So, among my many archievements in the VGM scene there's the invasion of DoD by a bunch of chocobos over arguably decent music and crawling a lot of people to do more of that same thing along with me, the release of a 3-part album with 30 tracks each that was released 3/3/23 featuring over 33 musicians after 3 years of experience on this thing, and now also getting my best serious/non-bird track rejected (in my honest opinion unfairly) in OCR including accusations of "anonymous troll".

Anyways, I just though that maybe it's a good time to extend the birds invasion to OCR territory, and maybe people here will eventually have their brains and ears hurt enough to actually like that stuff, just like I succeded doing in DoD.

If anyone is curious enough after reading that message, you can find most of my music stuff here:

https://unknownpseudoartist.bandcamp.com/

For examples of both sides (shitpost and serious), here's the first/main part of that 3-discs album, including mostly VGM covers with that "chocobo vocal style" and a few serious/instrumental tracks in between:

https://unknownpseudoartist.bandcamp.com/album/unknown-pseudoalbum

And here's a mostly serious album that is basically a collection of VGM covers from old DBZ fighting games (all from the Butouden saga except the first one, from Ultimate Battle 22). All here is instrumental and serious except the latest 2 tracks and bonus tracks, so no need to be afraid of the birds :P.

https://unknownpseudoartist.bandcamp.com/album/metal-dragons-a-tribute-to-dragon-ball-z-games

Thanks in advance to anyone who dares to listen :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  Just a quick intro as a newcomer.  

I am a hobbyist music producer/composer/remixer and very recently, singer. Big into FLstudio, and hoarder of VST plugins.

I'm currently on YouTube primarily with 176 uploads as of June 2023, and have a few posts on Newgrounds, but I wanted to come to the original, OCremix!

(Only I am many years late to the party)

I'm a dad of 3 and carer to my severely disabled daughter, not being able to socialize much because of the lifestyle, making music is one of my escapes when I do get the time. My last big project was remixing the entire soundtrack to Psygnosis and Reflections "Destruction Derby" I also got the blessing of one of the co-producers of OST, which was nice.

My name?  *ahem*

Xenon is a 1988 vertical scrolling shooter video game, the first developed by The Bitmap Brothers
Draven, "The Raven", or "Avenger". Given the connection to the storyline of "The Crow",

I was once Xenon_84 in Live For Speed many moons ago. (The online racing sim)

I saw “The Crow” in my youth and took the name “Draven”

Hi! I’m Xendraven

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm Accelerate13/HaxTheCharizard!

I'm technically "new" in the sense that I haven't had much online presence apart from mods I have created for a handful of games, but I stumbled across the only comment I ever made on this site while talking with friends yesterday and managed to figure out my login... so you may be seeing me around quite a bit in the near future!

I first tried my hand at making remixes around eight years ago at this point, but it initially fell through due to a lack of resources and experience. Since then, I got into modding Minecraft and Enter the Gungeon, in which I have been quite successful. My main Gungeon mod is in the top five most popular custom characters, and I've gotten to work with the very modders which inspired me to get into modding Minecraft as well.

My original username was just a combo of my favorite/lucky number and the fact that I had a tendency to rapidly learn and improve at anything I tried, with my new username being in reference to the name I would give any rom hack saves I played (HAX was very fast to type in for many classic GBA/SNES/N64/etc games) as well as Charizard just being one of my favorite 'mons.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community!

21 hours ago, Accelerate13 said:

Hi, I'm Accelerate13/HaxTheCharizard!

I'm technically "new" in the sense that I haven't had much online presence apart from mods I have created for a handful of games, but I stumbled across the only comment I ever made on this site while talking with friends yesterday and managed to figure out my login... so you may be seeing me around quite a bit in the near future!

I first tried my hand at making remixes around eight years ago at this point, but it initially fell through due to a lack of resources and experience. Since then, I got into modding Minecraft and Enter the Gungeon, in which I have been quite successful. My main Gungeon mod is in the top five most popular custom characters, and I've gotten to work with the very modders which inspired me to get into modding Minecraft as well.

My original username was just a combo of my favorite/lucky number and the fact that I had a tendency to rapidly learn and improve at anything I tried, with my new username being in reference to the name I would give any rom hack saves I played (HAX was very fast to type in for many classic GBA/SNES/N64/etc games) as well as Charizard just being one of my favorite 'mons.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community!

Welcome! Feel free to join the discord too and I look forward to hearing your work 😁

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I'm not really a remixer insofar as I've just barely dabbled in very basic audio programs; the extent of my canoodling with VGM comes from playing along to a track on the piano and messing around on the fly. But I've played piano and cello for decades and have always loved VGM, and I used to frequent this site without an account when I was younger. I still have fond memories of the first time I heard DaMonz and Trainbeat's "Tough It Out"; no other Kirby remix has come close in my mind. I've always been interested in the scene, even more so when insaneintherain and the 8-Bit Big Band came into prominence, and I hope that even with the limited free time I do have I can become a bit more familiar with the communities involved. (Magfest has always been a bucket list convention for me, lol)

Neither here nor there, but I'm also still on a years-long crusade to figure out the identity of one remixer who had their work stolen by fairuzonss. To this day no one in the Kirby community that I've seen has figured it out and I do worry about the metadata becoming lost in the cracks of an ever-evolving mediascape. So if anyone wants to contribute info I'm all ears haha

Thanks for being an inspiration all these years, OCRemix ❤️

Edited by EmissaryOrca

On 11/7/2023 at 7:10 PM, EmissaryOrca said:

Hi there!

I'm not really a remixer insofar as I've just barely dabbled in very basic audio programs; the extent of my canoodling with VGM comes from playing along to a track on the piano and messing around on the fly. But I've played piano and cello for decades and have always loved VGM, and I used to frequent this site without an account when I was younger. I still have fond memories of the first time I heard DaMonz and Trainbeat's "Tough It Out"; no other Kirby remix has come close in my mind. I've always been interested in the scene, even more so when insaneintherain and the 8-Bit Big Band came into prominence, and I hope that even with the limited free time I do have I can become a bit more familiar with the communities involved. (Magfest has always been a bucket list convention for me, lol)

Neither here nor there, but I'm also still on a years-long crusade to figure out the identity of one remixer who had their work stolen by fairuzonss. To this day no one in the Kirby community that I've seen has figured it out and I do worry about the metadata becoming lost in the cracks of an ever-evolving mediascape. So if anyone wants to contribute info I'm all ears haha

Thanks for being an inspiration all these years, OCRemix ❤️

Welcome!  It's never a bad time to start trying to arrange music.  Even just "canoodling" over other tracks is a good way to start expanding on the original.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I'm a newbie who goes by the musical alias of Lunios. It's wonderful to check out the forum after acknowledging OCR for donkey's years now, and I can say this is quite a vibrant place for someone to hone their musical skills. I'm just a novice composer who creates things for the fun of myself and my peers. While on the sidelines, I'm pursuing an underground career in the electronica and acid niches. I submitted a piece about a week ago and felt a little anxious to say hi, but it would be disrespectful if I didn't, so I decided to write this up!

I'm a young face here, but in the time I have been around, I've been inspired by djpretzel and his works towards founding Overclocked and GMI, making the recognition of VMG and its remixes wide for the public hence how I found out. (Ps: I hope Pretzel succeeds in his future endeavors after moving on from OCR). Anyway, enough of me ranting on. Closing this up, I'm happy to dabble in this community and see what new works come from it.

So yeah, see you around!

On 1/22/2024 at 10:59 AM, Lunios said:

Hello!

I'm a newbie who goes by the musical alias of Lunios. It's wonderful to check out the forum after acknowledging OCR for donkey's years now, and I can say this is quite a vibrant place for someone to hone their musical skills. I'm just a novice composer who creates things for the fun of myself and my peers. While on the sidelines, I'm pursuing an underground career in the electronica and acid niches. I submitted a piece about a week ago and felt a little anxious to say hi, but it would be disrespectful if I didn't, so I decided to write this up!

I'm a young face here, but in the time I have been around, I've been inspired by djpretzel and his works towards founding Overclocked and GMI, making the recognition of VMG and its remixes wide for the public hence how I found out. (Ps: I hope Pretzel succeeds in his future endeavors after moving on from OCR). Anyway, enough of me ranting on. Closing this up, I'm happy to dabble in this community and see what new works come from it.

So yeah, see you around!

Welcome, hope you find a welcoming space that helps you in your craft here! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the OCR discord, as well, since a lot of members are pretty active there, as well.

Hope you enjoy the space here :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new to the forums. Funny thing, I've been making music for the last like 30 years, but I just learned now that this forum existed. So I guess I'll be slowly posting some of the back stuff I've done since this is probably a better suited place than other, less dedicated forums I dwelled.

I started out with "classical" music training but my main goal was (back in the 90s) movie scores. Anyway, around 2008 I started working in the videogame industry (as a developer actually), and had the opportunity to make some game tracks / remixes / contest submissions.

I'm much more a composer than an audio producing guy, be that bad or good.