OCR00795 - *YES* Final Fantasy 9 'Rose of April'

DarkCecil13

master wanted me to post this piece of work on the boards for him.

MasterGrand: alright

MasterGrand: well, when you get back. you think you can submit a song to the panel for me? (if you like it D:-)

DarkCecil13: oh yeah

DarkCecil13: okay

DarkCecil13: Sure

DarkCecil13: ^_^

MasterGrand: lool!

ReMixer Name: master

Email: master@triumphant.us

Link: http://triumphant.us/~sumeet

Get it from:

Pros:

Light and melodic.

Cons:

Too short, loops, simple. Not knowing the original melody, Im assuming that this song didnt vary/expand on it much, but I cannot make such a judgement, cause well... I havent heard mm9 stuff.

basically I think this song is nice, but seems like it could have been MUCH better and isnt more than a nicer render of the original, based on that assumption, I'll say NO until someone proves me wrong, in which case I'll be happy to change my decision. In other words, is this song really an expantion of a game tune? or is it just a 'better version'. We have enough 'better versions' on this site as it is, we need remixes, not rerenders :D

-Pro

You guys are making it out to sound like this thing is 1 minute long ... yet I'm downloading a 3.23 megs file....

3.23... . 323 ... I had a mazda 323 once. It was sweet. It was an 89 so it had that sharp look, before they started making all cars look like jelly beans. They stopped producing the 323 in america in around 93 or so, and then focused on the protegé instead. But my little 323 could zip. It was pretty damn fuel efficient too. I drove that thing into the ground too. I could beat most V8 cars out of an intersection from a stop, 'cause it was manual transmission, and didn't weigh much. I could probably have put it in my apartment if I had really wanted to. But yeah. I loved that car. Hold on. I'll see if I can find a picture. It was blue.

http://www.mazdarecycling.com/inventory/html/323_1986-1989.asp

Mine looked almost identical to the blue one half way down the page with the label "02-124, 1988, Blue with blue interior, 4cyl automatic transmission, manual doors and mirrors." Except mine was manual transmission.

Now I WISH mine had looked like THIS but alas mine was a gift from an aunt who got a new car.

Anyway, I ended up rear ending an SUV and totalling it. I cried. Now I've joined the dirty masses and got a Honda Civic. Yay for conformity. Anyway, the mix is done downloading now, so I'll go ahead and listen to it.

Oh...

Ok, well while I was looking for links, it played and apparently I didn't notice it. So if it didn't grab my attention, it's an automatic 'no' from me. So....

NO

No, I'm kidding. But this thing is clipping on my end... but it could be the speakers, I guess...

So anyway, to me, this sounds like it's dull and boring, almost as if it's supposed to be playing in the background while someone is talking. I know, some of the greatest music written has been written for a scene with someone talking over it, but this just seems very blah, through and through. Very little variation with the repeats, though I can't say I'm not guilty of that from time to time. But this seems stale. I don't know. I'm just not very impressed with it at all. And I do love classically styled music, so it's not the genre. It just doesn't seem very well done. I don't know if I've made any good points here, but I don't know how else to word it, so I'm done.

DC

• 2 weeks later...