-RAP- Two new songs from reelmojo

reelmojo

So I'm back online again, and I've been working on music a lot while I was gone. Long ago I said I wanted to do a rap EP and that's finally close at hand. The concept is basically this: I'm tired of rap music. Seriously, I grew up loving it but anymore I can't stand to watch BET. If everyone is rapping about the same things (being the best rapper, being a ganga or playa, etc.) then how much of it can actually be the truth? So that's what I'm bringing to my music. The truth. "So Eloquent" will be the opening song on the EP and is basically an introduction of myself and the ideas I'm bringing along with me. "Wondering" jumps headlong into the idea of honest lyrics. It's about my ex-girlfriend.

The other concept for this EP is that all of the beats are, in effect, stolen. Hence the title: Kleptomania. Song info so far:

"So Eloquent"

Instrumental: Fort Minor - "Get Me Gone" produced by Mike Shinoda.

"Wondering"

Instumental: Utada Hikaru - "Wonder 'Bout" produced by Timbaland.

Link:

http://www.myspace.com/reelmojo

EDIT: Soundclick can eat me. Both tracks are now up on MySpace.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that every rap song I've ever posted on OCR has gotten at least one response saying something along the lines of "I don't like rap, but I like this." I think that's cool. Afterall, if I can get people to listen to my stuff, maybe I can convince them that it's not all bad.

Anyway, both songs are now up on MySpace, which means that "Wondering" is available for the first time. Yays. More to come... eventually.

Also, hey it's nodspaw! I remember when I always used to have to edit all of my posts when I said your name because I would always type "nodspawn" instead. Anyway, if you liked So Eloquent the next few songs that are close to being finished have singing in them too. Thanks for listening!

hmm yeah lots of people on OCR hate rap or at least have a very narrowminded view of what hip-hop is.

So Eloquent: Your flow is alright, but the delivery is pretty weak. You sound like you're holding back your voice so when you reach the end of lines you're not really hitting the words as strong as you could. You should try doubling the ends of bars to give them more emphasis and energy.

Wondering: Same comments on the delivery here. It's pretty amateur but not terrible. Sounds like you're rapping through one of those microphones that come built into computers or something.

I think you have potential your delivery just lacks energy and clarity. Your writing is average, the subject matter is pretty standard stuff (especially that whole "hip-hop is dead" type thing). Not bad.