*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'The Falcon Funeral March'

djpretzel

Well, here is a piece i've been working on for quite some time now, and i really like how it's turned out so far. sorry about the id3 tags, they don't include the OCR link anywhere. hope you like it.

Title: Final Fantasy VI - The Falcon Funeral March

Artist: Maleh-Vor

Year: 2002

Genre: Game

Orig. Artist: Nobuo Uematsu

Copyright: Squaresoft

The beginning is pretty cool with the choirs and all - Then, with the tubular bells scattered about, and some pretty cool SFX - It's overall a pretty cool sounding mix. Very mysterious. It gets old after a short while, though - this mix doesn't build upon what was introduced. There is no real climatic part of any sort - It's all pretty much an introduction to a lame ending (yes, the ending isn't very special).

NO :!:

ah, one of my favorite songs being remixed...

Pros:

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Cons:

Chorus is imporperly used at the beginning, sounds way too fake.

Bells are heard, but off beat with the chorus, and wayyyyyyyyy too quiet

SFX are just there to annoy me, I guess.

Bells are off key

This is no march (Why is this a problem? I wouldnt title an orchestral song TECHNO HARDCORE REMIX)

Doesnt seem to be getting any better...

getting repetitive and annoying,

Wow, my hand is being drawn towards the little X on the wmp window

how odd..

OK,

NO

Almost every sample here either sucks to begin with or is used poorly. I'm sitting here wondering when the melody is going to come in, then I hear it in the bells in the background... barely. The ONE time the bells are loud enough to make a statement they have almost all wrong notes.

Oh yeah, and a song drops several notches in my book the instant it loops twice then fades out, EXACTLY like most OSTs do. Shows the artist put absolutely no thought into song structure.

I honestly see no reason to post this.

No

Er, what's going on? Who's spray painting off to the right there?

Okay, those louder bells (1:02) just.. don't belong. They spring out of nowhere and stand out way too much. Is it just me or were there bad notes too?

Plus, the mix is boring. Nothing interesting or exciting happens. Take two loops, add a fade out ending, and you've got this mix.

Vote: No