I, Mario - Revisiting the Mushroom Kingdom

awesomeman500

Umm, as someone working on the project (the guy responsible for said "game in development" so far, if you can call it that), I might want to request this thread to be locked. Then again, this is in "off topic", so I don't particularly care what goes on in here =p

Just for clarification:

but the thread died and was requested to be put back up.

No it wasn't.

this is basically for newcomers who are wanting to join and do something for this project.

No it isn't.

We are in dire need of remixers for this project.

No we're not.

Seriously.

***THIS IS A REVIVAL THREAD! THIS IS FOR THOSE FARMILLIAR WITH THE PROJECT ONLY! CONFORM OR GET OUT

Shael Riley, a while back had this idea about reworking the Super Mario Brothers games into a semi-realistic survival-horror game. The concept soon spawned hundreds of new ideas and eventually started to take some form. Suddenly, however the development rolled to a halt and the project eventually died out. Occasionally the members would visit the forums but not much was being done. This thread is to bring the project back up to speed as it should be.

Now remember, this is not a time for too many newcomers. If you wish to help with the project, please visit the forums and read the messages there so you can become farmilliar with the project.

This is NOT a spam thread. And I apologise for placing this in Off-topic originally, my mistake.

Umm, as someone working on the project (the guy responsible for programming said "game in development" so far, if you can call it that), I might want to request this thread to be locked. Then again, this is the worst attempt at a thread revival ever, so I don't particularly care what goes on in here =p

Just for clarification:

Suddenly, however the development rolled to a halt and the project eventually died out.

No it didn't.

This thread is to bring the project back up to speed as it should be.

No it isn't.

This is NOT a spam thread

Yes it is.

Seriously.

This is just too fun.

What do you suppose I do?

Probably the best thing to do if you're interested in getting the project (any project) started back up is to contact the heads/coordinators of the project via PM or e-mail first. Make sure that there is interest in the idea of going back to work before you make a declaration to the whole community that the project is back on-line.

And, because this is the internet, it helps to have someone with a high post-count make announcements like these.

Post counts mean shit if you have a great introduction post, which this thread doesn't have. It lacks actual content from the project, which lacks the ability to get new comers, as well as those who originally participated in the project, interested.

Go to other threads introducing ideas like this to get inspiration on how to make a great first post. That way, if you really want to see this live on, you can actually get people interested.

Hype this shit up.

Probably the best thing to do if you're interested in getting the project (any project) started back up is to contact the heads/coordinators of the project via PM or e-mail first. Make sure that there is interest in the idea of going back to work before you make a declaration to the whole community that the project is back on-line.

Then some nonsense about post count. Forget that part.