OCR00797 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Robotnik's Trippin' on Ecstasy"

Ginnsu

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 'Trippin' on Ecstasy'

You listen to the first 40 seconds of this piece, and you're thinking to yourself, "well, this might be Ecstasy, but I'm definitely not Trippin." Then suddenly things wind up and you say to yourself "oh. Well I'm glad I didn't say that out loud." (Yes, yes. Like I just did.) I normally dislike faded endings. This is because I'd rather have the music let me off at the next stop rather then the volume, but I think I'll let that slid just this once because the meat of this mix really kicks. Excellent work, PxFury, hope to hear more.

First of all, I think PxFury's constant request for opinions, suggestions and ideas were healthy for this ReMix.

I gave the beta version of this jam a listen when he sent it to me a few weeks ago and noticed allot of improvement to the final release which OC Remix was recently blessed with.

That goes to show the power of the question, and how it helped all of us to achieve our current skill level in the aural arts.

Kudos to RxFury, I hope to see more work from him down the line!

Hmm. Nice, but not SUPER nice. Maybe I just judge rave's a little harder, but this song didn't give me the super-pumped rave feeling I usually get from raves like 'String Machine' (*drool*) and 'JENOVAD'. Still, it's a lovely, little Sonic piece. I give it a 7.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well now I am a fan of the old Sonics since I was about 4, and Sonic 2 was my first game ever. Personally, I like Sonics music, even most people dont. This is a gret song, it is smooth and I had a great time remembering the melody. The only real bad thing about it is the fact that it is too melodic and too soft to be a boss fight song. I like it anyway though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A beautiful remix, this is among my favorites. Really, both of PxFury's remixes are outstanding... smooth and clean, it's the kind of stuff that you can just stream together and listen to for a good long while without realizing it.

• 1 month later...

Well I have had this Mix Downloaded for quite some time, but haven't posted my thoughts. It's so funny cause it reminds me of my best friends and I driving Downtown to a party (by the way we all love this song) anyways, as were driving it was beautiful night few clouds, the moon shining bright, and all of us TRIPPING OUT HARDCORE 8O8O8O . HAHAHA this is such a great mix, it made all of use feel like we were out in space driving. When a song can make me imagine a visualize something and actually see it happening it gets my approval 100%. and by the way it was a long drive that we had. 8) I'm out!!!!!

X

• 4 months later...

:D I would like to say, PxFury, you did a great job! Congrats! It had a very nice beat to it, not to mention blending the chorus with the first part! The piano used was very smooth and just drains you out of this world (Well, it might not do that, but it was cool)! Just to make you happy, I have sent a remix of this song as well and should be posted on this web site in the next 6 weeks because I just submitted it, so I figured I'd make you happy by telling you. :D It is rather cool to say I listen to your song almost everything time I'm on my school bus going to and from school. Overall - 8.513428746 out of 10

- DJ Nario (Also known as mrnario9)

• 1 month later...
8O I've always been a big fan of the sonic games up until the megadrive/genesis died, This piece happened to be one of my personal faves. I've always considered the the boss music good material to make hard trance from and you've done just that! EXCELLENT!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hell's yeaah!! PxFury brings back old memories with this trippy, dance song

At 1:00 the ecstacy finally kicks in then at 1:36 theres that ol' familiar melody which I love!

I'ld say this song almost feels laid back but its also heavy at the same time

Awesome remix, Px! Reminds me so much of the times when I'ld speed run through the sonic games

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00797 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Robotnik's Trippin' on Ecstasy"